1 (The Nightmare Arc)

Dreams are like movies that play in our minds. Shows, plays, stories that either confuse us or give us meaning.
However, such things don't purely just happen. People who control these dreams exist to do just that.

The world was born with creators who gave different things. As they all fulfilled their duties, they could rest. However, the goddess of dreams could never rest. Every night, she had to fulfill the dreams of every mortal, and every day, she had to wake people from their daydreams . She couldn't possibly keep this up for the rest of eternity.

So, she blessed strong, intelligent, and faithful mortals with her ability to control others' dreams. She named her children 'Dreamers'. Although the name made no sense considering that the ability to control dreams forbids Dreamers from having their own, it stuck.

The Dreamer population grew steadily. However, Dreamers numbers compared to humans are very small. Dreamers have been treated like gods or people in power on account of humans not wanting bad dreams.

Bad dreams can hurt someone physically and emotionally. Dreamers have enough power to give humans nightmares strong enough to kill them.

Thankfully, Dreamers are forbidden from giving humans bad dreams, and the world was at peace.

Until something came along causing the balance to shift.....

The Dreamers