31: The Call

"Pyro?"

"Serena?"

Serena sighed slightly in relief. It felt so refreshing talking to someone not angry with her.

"You called?"

"You answered~"

She chuckled a little, "You really would call someone at 2 am?"

He could hear her smile through the phone, "Well, you were up at around one. Plus, I couldn't sense you in the dream realm while unconscious, so I put the puzzle pieces together, Princess."

"You haven't really been active lately." Serena said a little sad.

"I know. I'm sorry,"

"No, no. It's fine. I get it," she sniffled, It's fine." She realized what she did and instantly regretted it.

"Princess, are you crying?" He asked softly.

"N-No.."

"Serena, my precious. I know crying when I hear it." He said in a  somber tone.

She sighed, "Fine, you got me." She didn't hold back the soft sniffles in between sentences.

"I'm sorry, Princess. I'll go..."

"No! Don't!" She covered her mouth in instant regret.

"Hm?" He leaned back in his desk chair.

"You must be tired," she said softly.

"Nah, Dreamers don't excatly need sleep. That is, if you've been one for a long time."

She laid down on her stomach as she held the phone to her ear.

"That's just it. I don't know if I want to be a dreamer anymore..."

He nearly dropped his phone, "Seriously?"

"Mhm.."

"Why?"

She couldn't hold back. She cried, "I just can't take it anymore!" She sobbed, "Everyone's mad that I can't decide who I'm siding with!"

He felt so hurt listening to her cry, "You shouldn't be forced to side with either side. Neither are right."

She stopped sobbing, "You think so too?"

"Yes. Varrick was at that uprising with the Masked Man. He told me that their plans to get rid of the Dreamers were violent and not something he wanted to be a part of. Despite that, we three believe that the Dreamers' attempts of control are the roots of the revolution."

"That's refreshing..... Antonio?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think... I'm indecisive?"

He paused for a moment, "Everyone's a little indecisive at times. You're just having trouble figuring things out is all.."

"T-Thank you...."

"Anytime."

She cried silently, and she tried not for him to hear. He was quiet as he stood up from his desk and walked into the living room. He saw Varrick, who was still wearing his clothes and goggles. He was asleep on the couch. He sat down and stroked Varrick's hair as he heard Serena cry.

"Serena, please. You can tell me anything. I will listen to you. I'll be on the phone all night. I will tell you anything you need to hear, but please, please, don't cry when I can't be there to comfort you. You're breaking my heart."

Her eyes softened as she stopped crying,  "Me and Damion got in a fight."

Pyro's eyes intensed. He felt every part of him tense up in anger, but he kept a sweet tone with her, "What happened?"