17: The School

1 pm

Serena panted, out of breath. Her eyes are filled with anger at the man standing infront of her.

"Again." Pyro stood infront of her next to a punching bag.

She stood up and threw more punches at the punching bag. Each punch was full of dream energy.

He pulled the punching bag away from her. He looked at her, surprised and slightly concerned.

"What's the deal?" She said, panting.

"I think you had enough training for today he said, looking at her.

"What are you talking about!?" She said angrily.

"Woah. Hey, is everything alright?" he asked, crouching down to her level.

She just stared at him angrily.

"Do you want to talk about it, Princess?"

"No." She turned her head away from him.

He sighed, "Princess, I -" he sensed something.

"What?" She looked confused.

"I sense nightmares. Coming from a location. There's a lot of them."

"Come on. We need to check this out." He grabbed her hand, and they ran to the elevator.

~~~

He kept his left hand on the wheel in his car while using his other hand to track. Dream energy circled around it as he kept following the aura.

Serena looked out the window in the shotgun. Her arms were crossed, and she made glances at him from time to time.

Finally, the car stopped in front of a high school in Dreamix.

"A school? Are you sure you tracked it right?" She looked at the students walking around the school grounds.

"I'm never wrong. I can feel them. However, the school day ended, so we should wait for more students to leave. However, there are plenty of students that stay after for different reasons. "

She groaned, slouching a little.

"So, are you going to tell me why you're so annoyed?"

"No."

"Did Giddion do anything? If he did, I'd kill him."

"No... he didn't."

"The boss?"

"No."

"Damion?"

"I'm not telling you, so let it go." She looked at him with rage in her eyes.

"Okay, okay, goodness." He went on his phone, and she went on hers.

Damion texted Serena, and she smiled a little at her phone.

D: Hey 😁

S: Hi

D: What are you up to?

S: Me and Pyro are at some school. He said he sensed nightmares here or something 😐

D: Ah, well, let me know when you're done.

S: Okay ☺️

Pyro glanced at her phone and scowled.

"I see you're getting close to him."

"And what if I am?"

He bit his tongue, preventing saying something wrong.

Suddenly, their focus turned to the school. The alarm was going off, and the students were running into the buildings.

The two got out of the car wearing their uniforms. They showed their ID to an adult with a badge, saying Tammy.