3: The Dreamer HQ

Within an instant, Antonio Pyro sent his black dream energy at every nightmare around him. It was so fast. He could hear the wailing screams of the nightmares.

One nightmare. The size of a human came charging at him. He grabbed onto the nightmare, surging his power into it. It feels like a weird, powerful sensation. Then it gets more and more painful as you die. Pyro cackled, looking at the sight of desperation in the nightmares eyes.

"So soon? Man, I was starting to get excited." He surged the final blow on the nightmare. Black smoke filled the alleyway. The smoked absorbed into a ring around his finger.

"Man, I thought that would have been more fun."
His opinions were interrupted at he winced at the feeling of all those nightmares being absorbed into the ring. He panted, holding his hand steady. Finally, the pain subsided

"Jobs over. I better get back."
He ran out of the alleyway as rain kept pouring in the night sky. He checked his watch.
"10 pm. Hm."
He thought to himself,
"Should I call her?"

He stood there thinking but inevitably decided to report to the boss.

The Dream Tower. The center of everything. Where dreamers do their job. It glowed like nothing anyone has ever seen. Pyro goes up to the first floor and enters the lobby where dreamers are bustling around. He passed by the front desks as eyes glued to him.

"Hey Pyro~!" All the girls at the front desk stared at his undeniable good looks, and his cool aura coming off from his black bomber jacket and hair styled to perfection. He gave a flirtatious wave, sending their heartstrings soaring.

He stepped into the elevator as it started going up, taking him to the 90th floor. He looked out through the window. The whole city within his gaze.

Bing!

The doors opened to the 90th floor. It was a small hallway to the boss's office.
He walked up to the front desk where the bosse's PA was.

"Oh! Pyro! How can I help you?"
He sighed a little bit in annoyance,
"Good evening, Ariel."

Ariel had maroon hair with matching dark eyes. She was always dressed in short skirts and had an undeniable obsession with Pyro. Her attitude and constant attempt to vouch for herself was enough to piss Antonio off.

"The job is done. I'm here to report to the boss."
"Oh! But, the boss is in a meeting with his sons."

"What are they talking about?"
"They are working out details to stop nightmare overpopulation."

He looked at her in disbelief.
"Isn't that like, kind of my buissness?"

"Well, yeah. But, you shouldn't interrupt them," she said. But before she could say a word, he was already down the hall. She thought to herself in frustration,
"If that bastard gets me in trouble, I swear I'm going to -"
Her thoughts were interrupted as he slammed the door.

~~~

"What the hell are you doing here!?"
Giddion yelled furiously.
Antonio walked in with a clear smirk on his face. He loved to see Giddion's jealously show every opportunity he had. He was adressed as 'Pyro', his last name. No one ever called him Antonio except for Serena. And to be completely frank, that's the only person he'd ever want to call him Antonio. He walked in, unzipping his bomber jacket to his suit and tie altered to his liking.

"Just took care of my job. Figured I use my spare time to help you with yours."
He could see the immediate rage in Giddions' dark red eyes.

"WHY YOU -"

"ENOUGH GIDDION!" his father yelled. Giddion looked away while Damion sat in silence.

"Sit down, Pyro." The boss motioned for him to sit down, "Did you take care of it?"

"Yes, 12 different nightmares trying to morph in that alley. I've taken care of all of them."
The boss or Demetrius nodded.
"Until we can figure out why so many nightmares are popping up all over the place, you three will be sticking to the jobs you are assigned until further noticed."

He pointed at Giddion,
"You will be monitoring all the Dreamers here and will report any suspicious behavior."
He looked at Damion.
"You will be monitoring the dream realm and helping anyone experiencing nightmares."
Damion nodded, and Demetrius turned to Antonio.
"You will be absorbing any nightmares that step foot in our world."

Antonio nodded confidently. Giddion stared at him jealously. Giddion was jealous of him. For his looks, power, charisma. Serena left him a few months ago, and he was convinced she left for Pyro.

"Father! Why does he get the exciting job!? Are you really going to favor that filty street rat over your own flesh and blood!?"

"Enough, brother!" Damion grabbed Giddion's wrist.
"We will respect our father's decision."

Demetrius nodded in approval. Antonio chuckled softly as he stood up.
"You should really start taking advice from your little brother, Giddion."

Giddion's face of anger came back.
"You arrogant bastard! Your foolishness is going to be the downfall of the Dreamers!"
Antonio chuckled a little louder this time.
"I think the real downfall of the Dreamers is the fate you face for never admitting that I'm naturally stronger than you."
Antonio smirked, seeing the veins buldge on Giddion's forehead.

"Even your brother knows that."
Antonio walked out of the room. Leaving Damion, Giddion, and their father.

"What a pain," Damion spoke softly.

"Yeah, but he's right. He is the only 1st grade Dreamer left," Demetrius walked to the window, "He is the only one who can absorb nightmares. Therefore, he is very precious."

He turned to his son, "Don't take my kindness for that young man so personally. I'm just doing what's best."

His sons nodded, and Giddion was still looking annoyed.
"Giddion. Please go take care of your job on floor 72."
Giddion left. Damion turned to his father.

"My son, I believe there is a single mortal responsible for the minor apocalypse we are dealing with."

Damion's eyes widened,
"Just one?"

He nodded, "Figure it out. Someone must be responsible. Giddion will make sure it's not a dreamer doing this. You make sure it's not a human."

"Figure it out. And don't fail me."

"I won't, Father."