21 (The Revolution Arc)

September 6th

"Help!" He cried, feeling the sharp nails dig into his skin.

"Serena, Damion, Mateo, Mira!"

He felt the knives go into his chest, piercing all his vitals, but he couldn't die.

"MOM, DAD, ANYONE PLEASE!!" He screamed as the nightmares wailed in laughter at his desperate attempts for help. Was his arrogance bad enough to receive a punishment this diabolical.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME -" He winced, feeling a knife puncture his heart. He felt himself in excruciating pain with no end. The blood oozed from every hand. Nowhere to go and no one to help him. This was hell.

~~~

3 months had passed since the event of Antonio's dismission, but everyone named the event "The Pyro Termination."

Serena punched the hand pads on Giddion's hands. She punched them with dream energy charged in every punch.

"You're not persistent enough. Each punch should be equally powerful. If you make one punch more powerful, then you should match your next punches to that more powerful punch. Again."

Serena sighed as sweat built up on her forehead. She had been training for 6 hours straight. She punched the pads, trying to be more persistent with each punch. Although she hated him, Giddion was a decent trainer. Actually, her anger towards him made her punch harder.

"Good. We're done here." Giddion put down the gloves as his new girlfriend, Ariel went over to talk to him.

Serena grabbed her stuff as she walked to the elevator. She was so tired. She was ready to go to Damion's house and relax.

"Serena, you have routine up on -1." Giddion shouted to her from down the hall. She groaned as she kept walking to the elevator. She went up to floor -1, where they drew her blood, checked her pulse, blood pressure, and chances for disease. They were set on keeping Serena fit and healthy until they released all the nightmares.

Afterward, she rushed past everyone in the lobby. Ever since the Pyro Termination, she has avoided all the other dreamers when she could. She never talked to the boss unless she had to. The only floor she would go to was -5 and -1. She only talked to Damion, Mira, and Mateo. She would have to talk to Giddion, but since he started dating Ariel, he hasn't been too bad.

She had two more months before they released the nightmares. She wished Antonio was here. She missed him so much. She had trouble sleeping at night and focusing on her training because all that's been on her mind was him having to suffer. He's been down there for 3 months, which down there feels like 3 years.

~~~

She took out her key as she stood on Damion's front porch. Damion had bought a house for him and her about two months ago. It was everything she could want. Fancy, spacious, no butlers and maids following her around. But most importantly, no parents

Her mother came back home after she heard the news. Damion and Serena were dating and living together. She had been ecstatic, not even acknowledging the fact that she had to live with her husband again.

However, Serena steered clear of the two of them. They were one of the main reasons she struggled. They weren't her parents. They were problems.

~~~

Serena went inside where the TV had on some tranquil, pretty music. She smelled something. It was heavenly. Damion must've made something. She went to the kitchen to see Damion cooking.

She leaned against the doorframe, admiring his strong, veiny arms. She literally had no clue how he looked so pretty all the time.

He turned around to see her, "How was it, Love?"

"Same old same old."

"Hm.."

He walked over to her, placing his gentle hand on her chin, "You work too hard."

She giggled, "I work too hard?"

"We both work hard." He chuckled as he laid his lips on hers, stroking her long, blonde hair.

She pulled away, their foreheads still touching.

"I made shrimp creole, sit down."

She sat down as he served her the meal. It looked just as good as it smelled.

"You're amazing." She smiled in awe.

He chuckled flattered as he sat down with her. He took a bite as Serena spoke up.

"Any news?"

"Yeah, actually."

She took a bite, looking curiously at him.

"My father told me that the information about their plans has been leaked and is spreading around the humans."

"Seriously?"

"And now, the word is spreading through news and TV and other propaganda."

She sipped her water that he poured her, "But they have no power against dreamers."

"Their biggest strength is their numbers. It's a 20-80 ratio between Dreamers and Humans."

She nodded as she finished the food,
"So what does that mean for us?"

"Well, I figured I should go into the dream realm tonight. Dreams can sometimes reveal a person's intentions. If anyone is trying to rebel, their dreams could tell me."

"Let me come with you!" She smiled.

He smiled sweetly, "Honey, you've been at the Dream hq since you woke up.

She got up and took his hands, "It's not like I have anything to do if I stay here."

He didn't look too convinced.

"Pleaaaaaassee~"

He chuckled, "I can't say no to you, Love." The two washed the dishes, and Serena changed before going outside to the car. They drove to Dream HQ, where the building was illuminated in blues, and purples.

Regardless, Serena stared at the building in anger. She could never look at the Dreamers from now on. Using feat to control humans and she is the key to their master plan with no way out. She would talk to Damion about it, but things have been going well between them. The last thing she wanted was to break them apart.

This wasn't Dream HQ to her anymore. It was a building of buissness and distrust.