41 (Apocalypse Arc)

Warning: Violence

The streets were dark and cold. The sun hasn't shined in months. Not since the revolution.

Humans now lived in ruin. The streets were dark, the blue light illuminated under the veil. September 24 was when the apocalypse started. It was now the freezing month of January. January 2nd, to be exact.

Humans no longer worshiped Gianna. They feared her. The select few became her council as they worshipped her and did anything she ordered of them.

Most of the Dreamers lost their powers when they were detected. Other dreamers went into hiding. The Dreamers were the only ones who could protect themselves from the nightmares that inhibited the city to torture humans.

~~~

"Jeffery's Corner Store" was a little convenience store in the city. Only the cashier and a few shoppers were inside. The cashier looked at his phone. It was 8:00 am, but no one could tell. The night lasted forever.

The doors to the store opened at the sound of the little bell. A person wearing a dark hoodie and surgeon mask walked in. The store clerk looked at him, "Can I help you, sir?"

The person wearing the hoodie didn't say anything. They walked up to the candy rack. The people got out of their way.

They walked up to the counter as they held the candy to the table. The cashier had his hand on the counter and his other hand on the register. The person spoke up in a whisper.

"I don't have any money. Could you help me out?" Suddenly, the cashier felt this weird energy in his hand on the counter. It was painful! There was energy coming from the counter that must've been coming from the person's hand!

"Is that a yes?" The person asked a little louder. The cashier couldn't breathe. He felt himself choking. His blood was burning.

"Y-Yes, c-consider it o-on the h-house!"

The person in the hoodie pulled away. The pain subsided. The person in the hoodie took the candy and made their way out the door.

A low chuckle came from one of the aisles. A young man with amber eyes and white hair walked out of the aisle as he looked at the door. His mouth was covered with a surgeon mask. His clothes were stylish and dark, but not bold enough to draw attention to himself. He leaned against the aisle as he thought to himself,

"Why, you pretty little thing~

Welcome back."

~~~

The person took off their hoodie once they reached an alleyway. Her dark blonde hair cascaded down her back. She cut it when the apocalypse happened, but it grew back over the three months. Her deep blue eyes shined in the blue lights of the city.

She walked down the alleyway as she spotted two posters on the wall. There were two 'wanted' posters of her and Pyro. Gianna was still looking for them. Thankfully, Serena laid low and did not use her powers to keep her safe. No one has detected her yet.

Pyro, however, did the opposite. The news would come up of people spotting him or him getting into a fight with nightmares or other people. Serena took the two posters and shoved them in her coat pocket.

"Hey! You!" She stopped breathing as she turned. A group of guys were on the empty road. She looked closer seeing Pyro. She hadn't seen him face to face in three months. Thank god, they didn't notice her.

She leaned against the wall of the alley. She listened close as she watched.

One of the guys spoke up, "Hey, Pyro. Promise that you'll be turned in to Gianna if I win." The group of guys readied themselves.

Pyro stood there nonchalantly as he chuckled a little. "But of course, I intend on winning the fight, so there is no need to turn myself in." He smirked.

The guy looked angry, "Joshua! Let him have it!" One of the guys, Joshua, ran up to punch Pyro. He immediately blocked it.

"Ugh, seriously," he held Joshua's arm as he slightly twisted the skin, "You're not even trying."

He flung Joshua, sending him straight into a building. Pyro dusted his hands together as he whistled, "Next~?"

The one guy looked triggered, "Chase, Ethen, Parker!" The three of them ran at Pyro aswell. Chase was holding a sharp knife as he dove below Pyro to stab his gut. Pyro grabbed Chase's arm and snapped it.

"GAHHHHHH!"

Pyro chuckled as he took the knife, "I like your weapon," he smirked as he surged dreamer energy into it, "You wouldn't mind if I used this real quick."

He slain Chase as he quickly drew the knife against his throat. Then threw Chase to the side as Ethen was ready to deal a kick. He was immediately stopped as Pyro cut his whole lower leg off. Blood sprayed out all over as he fell to the ground,  screaming. Then, Parker aimed for his head with a punch, but Pyro was fast and saw this coming.

"You are making this too easy for me. I might make you win, because I feel sorry for you." Pyro said to the m, n standing back with the others. Pyro used the knife with dreamer energy as he plunged it into Parker's eye.

Parker fell to the ground cold with the others. Pyro chuckled maniacally. Blood stained his clothes and hair as he looked at the rest.

"Oh, don't be shy now~"

He walked closer. They all took a step back.

"Fight me." He demanded in a whisper.

The men behind the one guy ran away, one of them shouting, "You got this, Kyler!"

Kyler turned to face Pyro, "Kyler, huh? Lucky you," he formed black dreamer energy around his hands, "You get to see my technique in action."

Kyle was horrified but determined. He looked at Pyro, who stood in front of him.

"Behind you~"

He turned around to see another Pyro, "B-But how!?"

"That's and imaginary me." Kyler looked as the other Pyro disappeared. Her turned to face the real Pyro. He immediately felt his throat being grabbed as he was held up high. He heard Pyro's manaical laughter,

"It's lovely, is it not?"

"What?" Kyler said, gasping for breath.

"Your determination." He held onto Kylers neck as he kept gasping for air.

"You see, all the ones who ran are the ones that are going to die." He then set Kyler down. Kyler looked at him, surprised.

"Now go before I change my mind."

Kyler ran away as fast as he could. Pyro watched as his senses calmed down. He looked down at the three dead bodies, plus the body that was still by the building.

He then heard the wailing sound of a nightmare. Serena heard it, too. She looked to see a giant one by Pyro.

Before Pyro could do anything, the night flew down the alley where Serena was. Serena gasped as she ran further down into the alleyway. The nightmare was fast. She was running so quickly that she thought she would throw up.

She reached the end of the alley. She had no choice but to get rid of it. She blasted the nightmare with black dreamer energy. The nightmare wailed in pain as it disintegrated.

She gasped for air as she turned to the wall. She faced the wall of the alley as she leaned against it. Suddenly, she felt two veiny hands wrap around her waist. She heard a whisper in her ear as she blushed.

"Princess, have you seen a beautiful woman named
Serena, by any chance?~"