37: The Drive

She blushed, feeling his hands rub her back.

"You weren't sleeping?" She looked up at him.

"Oh, I was, but it doesn't take much to wake me."

She sat back up, "Oh my god. I'm so sorry."

He sat up with her, "It's fine, but now that you woke me, I doubt I'll be able to go back to sleep."

She felt guilty as she put her face in her hands, "I'm sorry," she got up, "I'll go."

"Stay."

She turned back, looking at him, "You want me to stay?"

"Well, sort of.."

"What do you mean?"

He put his jacket back on, "For waking me up, you have to go on a ride with me."

She looked at him confused, "At 12:56 am?"

"Why not?" He smirked.

She looked at him. He didn't seem to be joking.

"Just give me a sec." She went upstairs and came back down wearing sweatpants and a light blue hoodie. The two of them walked quietly to the garage.

She got on his motorcycle as he sat in front of her.

"Wait, what about the others?"

"It's fine," We won't be gone long, "He started the motorcycle and drove out of the garage, "Hang on tight, Princess."

He drove fast down the empty roads of the city. She held onto him as her dark blonde hair blew in the wind. The neon lights of the billboards and traffic lights lit up the city. There were very few cars, and not many people outside at this hour.

They stopped at a red light. He turned back and looked at her. "Do you wanna stop?"

"Sure," but where?

He shrugged, "I'll think of something."

The light changed green as drove fast down the road. Serena giggled as she held on. She felt awake and alive. He smiled, listening to her giggles ring in his ears.

He pulled to the side of the road. He stopped by the park, which was decorated in warm fairy lights. The marble fountain in the center of the park was lit up too.

Serena looked around in awe. "Oh my god, this place is gorgeous."

He nodded, "It is." The lights made their eyes twinkle as they sat down on one of the benches.

She looked at him, grinning, "Is this enough to make up?"

"Hmm, let me think... how about you, thank me, by staying longer?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Thank you for what?"

"For getting you out of working with that ridiculous family."

She chuckled, "God, they can be so complicated."

"Tell me about it. I've lived with them for 15 years. They're still annoying."

She giggled as she looked at him, smiling at her.

"I'm sorry about waking you up." She apologized.

"Hey, I got to ride on my motorcycle with the most beautiful woman alive. I think I'm over it."

She chuckled, "I'm not THAT beautiful."

He looked at her completely flabbergasted.

"Are you calling me a liar?"