61 (Soria Arc)

5 years ago

"Samuel, I don't like this very much..." Frida followed him closely as they walked through an old subway.

"This subway has been out of commission since they built that new subway in it's place. It's so cool, isn't it, Frida?"

"This is not what I thought our date was going to be, Samuel. I want to go home!"

She jumped at the sound of rats. He rubbed his face.

"Don't tell me you're scared of all this?"

She looked around nervously. The walls were broken and covered in moss. Rats ran all around them. All they could hear were their footsteps and water leaking from the ceiling.

"Come on, Frida. There's nothing bad here."

"You don't know that! There could be nightmares like those ones the Dreamers kill; lurking here."

"And if there are. That dude named Kairo will come and take care of them."

"Pyro." They heard a voice behind them.

"What?" Samuel turned around to see a teenager with white hair and amber eyes. He looked about the same age as them. However, his arms were muscular and veiny, and his clothes were edgy but still resembled Dreamer attire.

"It's actually Pyro, Samuel. Get it right. Or should I say... Nightmare?"

"What!?" Frida looked nervous.

"Hey, buddy! Who do you think you're calling a nightmare!?" Samuel looked angry.

Pyro walked closer as his footsteps echoed the track. He chuckled as he stared at Samuel.

"God, I almost want to torture you the way you've tortured this young woman." Pyro smirked, getting close to Samuel's face.

"What are you talking about, P-Pyro?" Frida was shaking.

He turned to her and smiled, "My apologies, miss; you may call me Antonio."

"O-Okay, Antonio.."

"Allow me to explain. This isn't your boyfriend; he never was."

Frida's eyes widened.

"You see, it's a type of nightmare that sticks with you. One you can't forget. Miss, have you ever had a nightmare about this man?"

Her breath shuddered, "Yes, sir."

"Antonio, sweetheart."

"Antonio..."

He smiled sweetly, but his expression changed, "Manipulating a girl into getting a new vessel? God, you're sick."

Dreams that stick with their vessel are dreams that manipulate humans into thinking that dream is real because of how the dream's events stay with them. Those dreams will bring their vessel to a hidden location or a place where no one else is around and possess them.

Pyro blasted black dream energy at Samuel, who turned into a nightmare of black smoke and red eyes.

Frida gasped.

"Stay close," Pyro got in front of her as he attacked the nightmare. He blasted dream energy against the nightmare. Eventually, he landed a blow that knocked the nightmare down. He approached it slowly; he footsteps echoing the track.

"Damn, you were too easy. I could really use a real challenge." Pyro groaned.

He pressed his foot into the nightmare's stomach. It wailed as Frida covered her ears.

"Then again, with the paycheck I get for absorbing you, I'll be able to afford that new mansion a few blocks away. So, it's worth it."

And just like that, the nightmare was dead. It's smoked swarmed around Pyro as he began to absorb it into his ring. It stung, but the nightmare wasn't too powerful against a 1st grade like him.