6: The 1st Grade

Black!? Why was her dream energy black?!

He could hear the wailing sounds of nightmares from the pit.

"Serena, stop!"

"I can't stop!"

She panicked as the black dream energy emitted from her.

She gasped as a dark, shadowy nightmare the size of a building emerged from the pit.

It wailed a symphony of wrath. It dived for Serena.

"SERENA LOOK OUT!"

Damion ran in front of Serena, casting a giant, glowing blue wall at the pit. The nightmare wailed and went back down in the pit until you couldn't see it anymore.

Damion gasped for air.

"What is that?" Serena starred up at the wall in awe.

"Nightmare barrier. 2nd and 1st grade can do it. It keeps nightmares from crossing."

He snapped, and the wall disappeared. He placed his hand on her shoulder. He stared at her in concern. His eyes tense with worry, but looked softly into hers.

"You okay?"

She nodded.

"This is crazy. I was convinced that Pyro was the only 1st grade left."

"Y-yeah..."

Serena looked scared and confused. Then, Damion took her hand, leading her to the elevator.

"Come on. Let's go get you some water."

She checked her phone, 7:04. They stayed up all night.

They went up in the elevator. They watched the elevator reach the surface again where they saw the sun rise over Dreamix.

"What now?"

"Well, if you're willing. I would like to start training you. If you are a 1st grade dreamer, you can seriously improve our odds in this nightmare apocalypse.

Her eyes widened, "So, I get to be a dreamer here?"

He nodded and smiled as her eyes filled with excitement.

"I've been waiting for something like this to happen to me!"

Finally, a way to escape the plans her parents have for her. She'll be so busy at the Dream business, she won't have time for her parents to find her a husband.

BING

The elevator arrived at a random floor.

"Take the next right down that hallway. The lounge is in there. Get some water and breakfast."

"Isn't that for staff here only?"

"Just tell them I sent you. You shouldn't run into any trouble."

She stepped out of the elevator.

"Where are you going to go?"

He smiled, "Just grabbing something from another floor."

The elevator closed, and She started walking to the lounge.

~~~

Damion stared out at the morning sky. He was holding two coffees. One black. One with a touch of almond cream, two sugars, and cinnamon sprinkled on top.
He got off at floor 56. There was a sealed door with a passcode. He knocked.

"Pyro, open up. I know you're in there."

He heard Pyro's smug voice.

"What's the secret password?"