65: The Outsider

Meanwhile, Serena's POV

I smiled and smiled again as the photographer snapped pictures of me.

"No, no, no, Serena! Serious expression now!"

I sighed as I changed my expression. As that shoot finished, I only had about 5 more to go. I sighed; I'm exhausted. It truly sucks being loved by so many people.

Everyone in Dreamix seems to love me, except myself.

"Do you want your nails, baby or pale pink?" The lady asked.

I sighed, "What's the difference?"

She smiled, "Baby is just slightly pinker."

"Then pale, I guess." I sat back as she started painting my nails.

"Is everything alright, Ms. Curtis?"

I looked at the stylist, "So many girls in this the world would die to be me, so why aren't I satisfied?"

The lady chuckled, "No, Celebrity has it great, Serena."

My eyes widened at her response. Why was I working so hard to contain such a perfect persona if my life can't be perfect?

Why are my parents raising me to be an object for consumer's amusement? Why should I have to feel like I belong to someone or something? Can't I just live my life as the woman I am? I'm only 16; I lost my childhood. Give me the future I want.

Of course, those are all just hopes and dreams in my head. My life has been a fashion show since the moment I opened my eyes. Literally, my parents posted pictures of me the second I was born.

It's almost as if everything about me is documented. Granted, not everything is true. For Example: Everyone thinks my favorite food is strawberries. When really it's chocolate.

Maybe the reason my parents raised me this way was to get into the Dreamer's good graces. Being a human in this city can make society feel so low. My family's weath keeps us in the rankings of importance in this city.

However, this means I'm seen as a beautiful suitor for every Dreamer under the sun. My parents constantly talk about the three around my age that are all over the news.

There's Giddion, the oldest. He is handsome and has a professional persona in his dream business. My parents have obsessed over him countless times; saying I would be perfect for him. However, I think I would get bored of him.

Then, there's Damion. Younger brother to Giddion. He has those beautiful eyes and calm aura when he speaks. However, he hasn't ever said a word to me. He's always occupied with his own thing.

And then, Antonio. Well, everyone calls him Pyro. Sure, he's perfect. His dashing smile, his milk-white hair, the edgy clothes that show of his body, and his irresistible charm. In a way, he's like a celebrity in Dreamix, too.

I wonder, why is he so desperate to talk to me? He's got every girl wrapped around his fingers, and yet, he cares about me.

Why? I don't really care about him. I'm not saying I'm not concerned for him, but his egotistical side he shows to the crowd is probably only a mere fraction of what he thinks about himself. Even if I did like him, my parents don't approve of him. Apparently, he was an orphan they found in an alleyway while on a mission. Meanwhile, Giddion and Damion were the sons of Demetrius; the CEO, who practically runs all of Dreamix himself.

However, that doesn't mean I'm not intrigued about Pyro.

He's the only 1st grade Dreamer left, and so he is seen as a vital piece of Dream HQ's success.