18: The Confession

8 pm

"How could you be so stupid."

The two sat in the car in the dark. They spent the rest of the day after the attack helping to get the students home safe and clean up the mess the thing created. Pyro drove with his left hand resting on the wheel.

"Why did you decide to endanger yourself like that. You could've lost your eye!"

Pyro stared tentatively at the dark empty road. He face serious. He avoided eye contact with Serena while listening to her concerns.

"Not to mention Ariel," she growled, feeling that name escape her lips, "Why did you even kiss her in the first place!?"

No response.

"It's clear she likes you." She scoffed and looked out the window.

She suddenly hears a deep chuckle from Pyro as she turns her head back in pure rage.

His chuckle wouldn't stop as the veins everywhere in her body popped out.

"You think this is funny, Antonio!?" She said, fuming as his eyes focused on her as he chuckled.

He smirked as he looked at her for a brief moment, "No~"

"Then why are you laughing?"

"Cause I don't think you know how hot you are when you're mad at me."

...

She hid her face, which was completely red. She was inches away from punching this man square in the face.

"I also don't think you know every detail behind my date with Ariel." He looked back at the road.

"Go on..."

"You see, the other day, I ran into a guy at Dream HQ who had a mark on his finger that matched the size and markings on my ring excatly."

"And what did you do?" She looked at him.

"I gave him an.... appropriate punishment."

"Okay...."

"Well, anyways, he mentioned that he was fulfilling orders from Ariel. I knew I would have to question her, but I knew if I made it too obvious, she would figure it out."

He cleared his throat and continued.

"I decided because she has clear romantic interest in me that a date would be something she couldn't refuse. I asked her then, and she clearly lied. So she doesn't trust me completely, but I wasn't about to go out with that annoying bitch for nothing."

She looked curious.

"So I decided to kiss her so she is distracted long enough so I can steal this."

He pulled out her phone.

"You see. With Ariel's job as the boss's PA, she monitors all devices owned by dreamers. That way, anyone betraying the company will receive immediate punishment. However, no one is monitoring her phone."

"So you think that Ariel is not reporting her betrayal to the boss?"

"Excatly. The problem is, there's a code."

"How many numbers?"

"Just 4. Hopefully, we can figure it out so we can dig up information about her."

He pulled up to Serena's house.

"Thanks for giving me a ride."

"Hold up." Pyro turns off the car and gets out.

"What- What are you doing?"

"I'm spending the night with you." He smiled.

She pushed him gently, "Get back in your car."