43: The Brothers

Damion looked scared as the phone was taken away from him. Gianna laughed.

"My son, did you really think I wouldn't suspect you would try and call Pyro for the 100th time?"

Giddion and Damion glared as she laughed, "You got close! He actually picked up this time!"

She walked down the subway track, laughing. She kept walking until she was too far away to see them.

"Damnit, now she has both of our phones." Damion grumbled.

"Just forget about it, Damion." Giddion leaned against the wall of the subway track.

"We can't just forget about it! We've been doing her bidding for months now! I don't know how much more of this I can take!"

"This is surprising." He says nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?"

"Usually, I'd be the one all stressed out."

Damion sighed as he continued sweeping.

"Chin up, brother. We'll find a way out of here."

~~~

The two finished all the chores Gianna assigned to them daily. The two of them walked out to a throne-like chair where their mother sat. Demetrius was forced to fan her for hours. He looked exhausted. He receives even worse treatment than they do.

"Mother," the two of them bowed their heads, "We have finished all your daily assignments."

She grinned, "Good! Now, I want you two to bring me tea."

They sighed. It was already 10:00 pm. They were so tired, all they wanted to do was sleep.

The two of them went to another room built in the subway. Gianna's council had transformed the subway into a hideout over the past three months. It was still a little seedy but very functional.

The two of them go hot water from a pipe on the second floor of the subway. They added creme and sugar along with some biscuits.

"You know.... I'm really angry at Pyro for not shooting our mom." Damion said coldly.

Giddion turned his head surprised, "What - but that's our mother."

"I don't care!" He said, sounding upset, "If he did, then the apocalypse wouldn't have happened!"

"You're wrong." Giddion argued as he filled up more cups.

"Huh?"

"If me, Ariel, and Demetrius hadn't fired Pyro and thrown him down the pit, he wouldn't have had to escape. That means that our mother wouldn't have escaped either. Without Gianna, the humans would've never succeeded."

He sighed as he placed the cups on a tray, "Not saying I agree with Pyro, but I don't blame him."

Damion looked at him, surprised. The two walked back to their mother as they presented the tea to her.

"Thank you, Giddion." She said in her deep, elegant tone.

She sipped the tea as she sighed, "The other one!" She ordered.

Her servant, who she called "The other one," came as he bowed in her presence.

"Sad violin!"

He nodded as he started playing sad, dramatic music on the violin.

"Ah, perfect!" She sipped her tea as Giddion and Damion glared at each other.

"Alas! I've just been so under the weather lately!" She put her hand to her forehead