Chapter 8

Nick's POV:

I text Phoenix to let her know I am on my way to pick her up for the dinner party. When I get there I knock on her front door and wait for her to answer. I picked up a bouquet of flowers on my way here. When she opened the door she looked so beautiful. I gave her the flowers and she quickly put them in a vase on her island. I walk her out to the car and open the door for her and then shut it once she gets in. 

Phoenix's POV:

I get a text from Nick saying he is on his way to pick me up. As I am waiting I scroll through instagram until I hear a knock at the front door. I get up and answer it to see Nick standing there with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I thank him for the flowers and quickly put the in a vase on my island. I couldn't help but notice the way he was looking at me. I made me blush a bit. We walk over to the car and he opens my door for me and I thank him for it. Once he made his way around the car and into the drivers seat I am buckled and ready to go. When he starts driving there was a silence but it wasn't an awkward one. Soon enough he breaks the silence and says:

Nick: "I just want to say you look very beautiful."

Phoenix: "Why thank you. You look handsome as well."

Nick: "Thank you. I do want to warn you though, some of the people in Christians friend group that will be there are weird."

Phoenix: "That's okay, I like people who are different."

And with that the silence fell again. After about 5 more minutes we were at Christian's House. We walk up and knock on the front door and wait until someone opens it. About 30 seconds go by until a guy with an almost shaved head answered. I greet him with a hello and follow Nick inside. Once inside Nick takes me over to where most of the people are sitting and introduces me to them.

Nick: "Okay, Phoenix this Is Jonathan Good but his ring name is Jon Moxley and that there next to him is his wife Renee Paquette. Next to them is Adam Copeland and his wife Elizabeth but her ring name is Beth Phoenix. And then that is Austin Matelson but his ring name is Luchasurus."

He says pointing to everyone while I stick my hand out to each one to shake. After the greetings we sit on the couch for about 5 minutes before Christian comes in to tell us dinner is done. We all head into the kitchen and I sit next to Nick because he is one of the only ones I know here. As we are eating someone asks how Nick and I met. 

Nick: "Well, she was training in the gym down the street from here and we just kind of clicked."

Christian: "She is also training for AEW too!"

Phoenix: "Yea that's pretty much how we met. And yea I am and it has been really cool so far."

Jonathan: "So have you always wrestled?"

Phoenix: "I honestly can't remember a time where I didn't wrestle. I was always wrestling with my siblings and friends and I have always wanted to do it professionally."

Adam: "Well, I am glad your dream is coming true."

I just smile at him. I only notice my leg is shaking violently when Nick puts his hand on my knee. I smile up at him and he whispers "Relax, you're okay" in my ear. That does make me calm down for a bit. After we eat we all just sit around on the back patio and just talk. Then a question I never expected came up. 

A/N:

I'm so sorryyyyy. Another cliffhanger. I am going to post twice to day this being my first then I will work on one right after I post this one. Let me know if you like it so far!