Chapter 30

Phoenix's POV: 

I look over at Nick and ask if he was expecting anyone. I get up and Nick follows. I open the door and see my whole family standing there. "Fuck" I think to myself. 

"Hey guys. What are you doing here?" "Oh we just came to find out why we didn't know that you were in a relationship." "Oh, well we weren't really public to start with. We just came out to the public yesterday." "We are your family I think we should be one of the first to know." "Mom, I brought him to meet you guys before we even started dating. You guys knew each other before my friends knew him." "I just think we should have been the first to know." 

"I'm sorry, I don't think she wants to deal with this right now since it is still early in the morning. If you wouldn't mind leaving please." Nick speaks up and my family just glares at him. "Fine, we'll leave. But you are going to dinner with us all later this evening. Oh and bring him." My mother says while shooting Nick a disgusting look. 

After they leave we go sit back down on the couch. Nick could tell how tense I was so he pulled me into his lap and says "Look, I get it. Family can be hard. But don't let them stop you from being with someone. If you want it and you are happy that's all that matters." "I know I really do want to be with you but my family is so disapproving of me that I don't think anything I do will make them proud."

 "Well, stop trying to please them. I know it's alot easier said then done. But I was in the same spot you were. Nothing I did made my parents proud." "I'm sorry." "I love you." I look up at him and smile "I love you too." I say while giving him a kiss. 

Things get a bit heated and we end up going to my room and releasing some more stress. After we are done I go to get in the shower and Nick decides to join me. We end up doing a few more rounds. Once we get out it's around 4. We have to meet my parents at 5. 

We both get dressed. I put on a black crop top and some ripped jeans. Nick puts on a black button up and some jeans. We head out to the restaurant my mom texted us to meet them at. This is going to be fun.