Chapter 31

Phoenix's POV:

We get to the table and see everyone here. My aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins. Everyone. I already know this is not going to end well. I sit down next to my sister and Nick sits next to me. We start looking at the menu and my mom starts making conversation with us. 

Mom: "So, Phoenix. Are you going to introduce everyone?"
Phoenix: "Yea I guess. Nick this is my Aunt Krisandra, Aunt Tammy, Aunt Abby, Aunt Jamie and their husbands Uncle Aaron, Uncle Paul, Uncle Timmy, Uncle Ray, and Uncle Robbie. Then there is my cousins Nicole, Eddie, Jessica, Damien, Lizbeth, Kelsey, Kinsley, Bentlee and Lorenzo." I say pointing to everyone. "And everyone this is Nick. My boyfriend."

Everyone: "Hello."

There is some small talk made before the waiter comes to take our drink orders. I order a Dr. Pepper. After we order the drinks we talk. "So, Phoenix. Where did you and Nick meet?" My grandma asks. 

"Nick and I met at the gym. I was there training and he said I was really good and we became friends. I have trained with him ever since." I responded. "Wow, you guys must have really had a connection." I nod my head. 

And then my brother asks something that made me embarrassed. "So what made you chose my sister? I am sure there were other girls that have caught your attention there. I mean she isn't even good at what she does." "Well, I chose your sister because she is beautiful, kind, respectful, amazing, and she is awesome at what she does. She has had a lot of Ex-WWE wrestlers take note and acknowledge her." My brother scoffs. 

After that my leg has not stopped shaking. "Hey, you are okay. Everything is going to be fine. If you want to leave we can." Nick whispers to me. "No, it's fine lets at least eat then we can." "Okay." Nick replies as he kisses my cheek.

 We order our food and everyone is talking about me doing something they don't like and criticizing things I have done. After we eat I tell everyone we are heading out. "Alright guys. I think we are going to head out. We have some place to be for work. I was good catching up with you guys." I say trying not to reveal that I was lying. I give them a $50 bill for our food and leave.