Part 1

In 969 A.D.

In the kingdom of Norway

Esther Mikaelson married to a Viking named Mikael visited her estranged older sister Dahlia requesting her to grant her the ability to have children. Dahlia fulfilled her wish for a price. The bargain was that Dahlia would take every child that bears Silas' curse till the bloodline shall lasts. Esther without a thought agreed. They also had a brother named Aaron older than Esther but younger than Dahlia. He bears Silas' curse in their generation. Dahlia craves for the power her brother has. Because of this Dahlia and Aaron have a rocky relationship and Esther remained loyal to Dahlia consequently drifted away from her older brother.

After 1 year

The first son of Mikael and Esther was born named Gabriel Mikaelson. Esther got pregnant again after 3 months of Gabriel's birth.

In 971 A.D.

The first daughter of Mikael and Esther was born. They named her Freya Mikaelson.

After a year Esther got pregnant again and this time with twins. Mikael was elated with that.

In 973 A.D.

Esther gave birth to twins - older of the two was a boy and youngest twin was a girl. The boy was named Jace Mikaelson and the girl Finn Mikaelson. Finn did the magic while she was inside Esther's womb and once she came into the world she did magic again. Esther immediately understood that Finn bears Silas' curse. She didn't have it in her to give her away to Dahlia as Mikael was looking at Finn with pride, tears in his eyes and a smile on his face.

After 2 days

While Mikael was away hunting, Esther was busy with the new borns and Gabriel and Freya, Dahlia visited asking for Finn as Dahlia sensed the child bearing Silas' curse has been born. Esther begged her to let her have some time with Finn. Dahlia said you bargained me all the children bearing Silas' curse not just Finn. Fine you can have some years with Finn I will come after the few years. Saying this she left but not before killing Emery and her unborn child whom she and Aaron have decided to name Alexander in short Alec. The killing was witnessed by none other than Aaron.

Emery heard all about Esther's bargain with Dahlia and she was Aaron's wife. Before she could tell Aaron or anyone about this she was murdered by Dahlia. Esther just watched in horror and did nothing.

This was all seen by Aaron who had a vision of his wife and child being in danger. He vowed to destroy Esther's and Dahlia's life. He started making plans for vengeance and decided to target Finn as Finn is the apple of Mikael's eye and Mikael is Esther's weakness. With this thought in mind he burried his wife and unborn child and went back to his cave and continued to practice magic.

977 A.D.

Gabriel is 7 years old and started showing signs of magic. When Finn was about to fall while climbing the trees, his magic kicked in a week ago.

Freya is 6 years old and started showing signs of magic when she was 5 years old. She, Jace and Finn would climb up the trees and always plan mischief, Gabriel would always stop them and have their back.

Jace and Finn are 4 years old. Finn showed signs of magic before even coming into this world, bears Silas' curse while Jace hasn't shown any sign of magic yet. Finn has trouble in controlling her magic and has episodes which are hurtful for her and others.

Esther is 1 month pregnant with a son whom she and Mikael have decided to name Elijah Mikaelson.

Aaron decides to execute his plan of destroying his siblings life by kidnapping Finn and placing another dead body which he magically spells to look like Finn.