9. Unsure.

Next Morning.
Taerin's Pov.

"TAERIN!" I gasped, sitting up from my bed, hearing my name fade away from my ears. I rubbed my eyes, knowing I was going crazy already.

"I need to sleep normally." I frowned slightly. "Soon I'll wake up, thinking I'm 4 again.." I huffed, laughing at my weird thoughts. I went to brush my teeth, getting ready to go back to work again.

"Damn Unnie was right.." I gave in, accepting the fact I was stupid. One after another, I kept remembering my embarrassing moments. I changed into my clothes in silence and decided to leave early. I had the key to the café anyways.

After I reached to the café, I unlocked it, still leaving the sign to say close and took down the chairs and prepared the machines. With the rest of my time, I sat by a table, looking at my phone.

"It wouldn't hurt right?" I asked myself before searching up the members on instagram. They were great at modelling, they had perfect faces anyways. I then came to Seungcheol's account.

I saw his dominating eyes as I raised a brow at the picture. "He isn't scary. He just wants to be scary." I wasn't impressed but then someone banged on the window. It made me flinch, almost falling off my chair. "Jeez!" I saw Seungcheol's face smirking at me.

______

I let him in and crossed my arms. "I see you're looking at my posts!" He put on a smug face. I would've punched it to be perfectly honest.

"So what? I just wanted to get to know your members more." I leaned back on the counter but he seemed upset.

"So you're uninterested in me?" He made his tone sound pitiful.

"You're all the same.?" I tilted my head and it was as if I broke him even more. "Sorry. Was I not supposed to say that-?" I asked and he faced away from me. I grumbled, he's like a child! Even though he's the oldest, how childish! To fill his pride, I wanted to coat it. "Well..Thing is..You're more..cute? Than whatever concept that was." It sounded much better in my head. "Sorry-"

"It's fine." He scratched the back of his head, then fiddling with his earring.

"You have got to stop coming here. You're going to get a scandal for talking to me." I pointed, showing the people starting to notice Seungcheol from afar.

"Why does it matter so much that I get in a scandal..?" Seungcheol continued with that upsetting tone.

"You're an idol. Why should I get in the way of that?" I said feeling something bad crawling up between us.

"But I could just say we're friends." He explained, staring at me in the eye.

"Still. No one will understand that." I returned back and he was slowly getting rather angry with me.

"So is that it? I'm just an idol that has to be perfect in front of public? You're also like them! Treating me as if I'm some alien!" My eyes widened as his nails were digging into his skin.

"That's not what I meant-"

"No it is!" He furrowed his eyebrows. "You don't get it! I always get treated like this! Why can't any of you just treat me like a normal person?!" He really went out at me. Before I could give a response, he just stormed out of the café.

"What a way to start my day." I let out a sigh.

_____

I was cutting up some fruits and then I cut my finger with the knife. "FUCK!" I yelled out, remembering my drama with Seungcheol. But whilst I looked up, I had forgotten that customers were around. They were all glaring me down.. "Excuse me.." I bowed down deeply, hoping they'd take my apology.

"I'll cover..go plaster your finger up." My colleague suggested and in silence, I wrapped it up with disappointment. Why was I being like this all of a sudden.

I sat in the back, just reflecting on my choices. "Hey? Can I?" She came knocking and I nodded. She took a seat next to me as we sat in silence for 2 minutes. "Taerin. You've been quite agitated since we started our shift. You can take a break if you'd like." Her calming yet reassuring voice was making me break up.

"No..it's alright." I bit my lip.

"If you don't mind, could you tell me what's wrong?" She asked, holding my hand.

"I just got in a small argument with a friend. And it annoys me that I think such a way." I didn't make eye contact with her, I was too ashamed to do so.

"Well..Maybe it was for their safety. I'm sure there wasn't a right or wrong answer to that argument." She explained, as her warm hands transferred to my cold, bitter hands.

"But what if they didn't like it?" I flopped backwards but she forced me to sit up properly.

"Like a parent. They always go against stuff they like. But maybe what they like is something that someone shouldn't really be obsessed about? You know what I mean?" I nodded slowly, processing the words that came out of her mouth.

"But they want to be normal, instead of being treated perfect."

"All I can say..Is that they trust you enough to be 'normal'. So treat them that way because that little time you guys have together will wipe out the day where they have to be perfect in front of the people. Don't annoy them when they just want to erase that 'perfect' for a period of time with you." It was painful to hear but..it was clear when she explained it.

But how would I get in contact with Seungcheol again.? "I'm sorry..Could I have the next few days free?" I asked for a favor, not knowing if she'd say yes.

"Of course! I actually hired.new employees so it'd be good to train them the days you're gone." She snapped her fingers with a wide smile. "Oh- I should get back out there. Come out when you're ready!" She exclaimed. I wanted to be just like her when I reach her age.

She had made such a strong impact on me.