63. Hard To Say.

Taerin's Pov.

"I see." I glanced at my hands, placed in between my Mum's. Her hands were surprisingly warm even though she sent a cold vibe to me.

Nari's Pov.

Taerin wasn't handling the news very well. Most people would break down but she seemed to be broken, confused on how she should react. But it is hard to just suddenly take all that information in.

"Taerin. We're really glad nothing bad happened to you on that day." Jimun tried lightening up the mood but Taerin wasn't paying attention at all.

"Taerin." Ms. Ju rubbed Taerin's shoulders as they looked at eachother in the eye.

Taerin's Pov.

I couldn't help but just intrusively look up to her. I said no reply, not wanting to call her my Mum. It was hard to let it out. It was just a word though.

"That man..I should've never left you with him. I knew I shouldn't have brought myself to do that." But when she said that, I ripped her hands off me.

"Then why did you.." I was starting to see blur as the tears filled up my eyes.

"No you don't understand Taerin.." She widened her eyes.

"No I don't. You left me alone." I bit my dry lips and she shook her head.

"Look. Your Aunt was terribly sick. I had to go back to her but I couldn't take you with me." She tried explaining with me. "We were poor." She said.

"But why did it take you almost half of my life right now to come back.?" I tried understanding the situation desperately.

"Because I had no money to come back." She said. "And when I did come back..I felt like I didn't deserve to be at your side anymore."

It only hurt me more since my brain was translating it as if she just never wanted to be with me. "Why didn't you try?"

"Because your Dad is crazy.." Baekho mumbled from the other side.

"Baekho be quiet!" She smacked the back of his head as Nari and Jimun stared in shocked.

"Seriously..?" Baekho groaned, leaning back on the chair.

"Yes seriously! You're lucky I dragged you out of there." My Mum said with anger but just sounded so unserious with that high pitched voice.

"Yeah. Thanks." He rubbed the back of his head.

"..Mum." Her head turned back to me as I called out her supposed name I was supposed to call her by. "If you're going to be in my life now, I want you to prove you're never going to leave me again. This doesn't mean I will just love you like any normal child. I want to see it. Feel it." I said and she nodded.

"I will." She softly smiled. "May I hug you.?" She asked. I hesitated but I allowed her to. She pulled me into a hug as I felt a warmth I had never felt before. It felt nice.

"Right..Shouldn't we be going for that criminal?" Baekho broke the moment again.

"Can't you keep your mouth shut for once!?" Nari snapped at Baekho.

"I guess not since I still have the ability to say these words." He aimed at his mouth and I charged straight at him.

"Woah- Calm down Taerin!" Jimun held me back as Baekho had his arms over his face. "Look. He's not worth wasting your strength." She entered as I calmed myself down.

"One more word, I'm making you join him." I warned him as his eyes filled with that same terror again.

"H-Hah. Don't you think it should be you joining him?!" He scoffed and my Mum took him by the shirt.

"Well then you're fucked. Be glad I'm having you dragged along my feet." Our faces all filled with shock as she seemed so serious now. "I never wanted to take you. I should've fucking left you there with that man. Both of you deserve it." She was completely irritated, throwing him back on the chair. Was that a vein popping out of her head?

"Baekho. Just shut up and sit down." Nari sighed. "The police are investigating the whole background with Mr. Lee. Taerin was bound to know about this anyways since she's the main subject of this problem. Anyways Ms. Ju here is also going to be interrogated." Nari was so cool. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She grabbed Jimun's hair as Jimun had not hesitated to fight back.

"You think you're so cool now, huh?" Jimun smirked as they began to cat fight.

"Girls. Stop it." Mum clapped as they instantly stopped. My Mum had an overall good relationship with them..

"Have you known..my Mum for a while now unnie?" I peeked at her then back to Nari.

"Yeah. Long back when you were in high school." I felt like my breathing stopped and froze. My Mum..knows her well?

"Well not me! I only encountered her once." Jimun giggled but I clenched my fists. I was suddenly feeling a wave of jealousy and sadness.

"Don't misunderstand Taerin. Me meeting your Mum was the only way for you both to meet eachother." Nari placed a hand on my fist that loosened after she spoke in a soft tone with me.

Nari was always so kind. "Thank you." I dipped my head down.

"I think we can conclude this since Seungcheol is coming over again..but with Seungmin." Nari nodded, getting up. "Hey. Get your ass up." She then changed her behavior towards Baekho.

"Y-Yep." He must've been nervous being around 4 women.

"Ms- Mum.. You do have a place to stay..right?" I grabbed her hand subconsciously.

"Yes I do. I'll be fine. Nari will give you my phone number. You can text me if you'd like. No stress." She softly patted the top of my hand with a smile across her face. I blushed a little, feeling rather embarrassed that I was acting so childish. "I'll come visit again next time." She kissed my forehead. "Sorry- was that too much?!" She shuffled back.

"No..It's okay." I grinned a bit.

"Take care of Taerin." We watched them off.

"What about Baekho?!" Jimun yelled out even though they had not heard her.

"I think he lives in the dorms still." I held Jimun's hand whose chin was on my shoulder.

"You're a very special girl, Taerin." Nari smiled, closing the door.