17. Seemingly Peaceful.

Taerin's Pov.

I dried myself up a bit and then returned to the set. I made eye contact with Hoshi and we both looked away, both flustered. That image was glued into my mind.

"Taerin.." "Taerin!" Jeonghan shook me.
"What are you looking at?" He tried looking in my perspective.

"The set. It looks nice." I lied once again.

"It does, doesn't it?! It really suits the vibe of our album." He nodded, agreeing with me.

"I might have to go soon." I checked my phone.

"So soon?" Jeonghan pouted and I laughed.

"Yes." I replied with a soft grin. "But I'll be out of your way. Don't worry."

"You're not in our way." He was offended that I had said such a thing. I kept my mouth shut, not knowing what I should reply with.

"Taerin. Leaving already?" Jimun raised a brow at me.

"Yeah. I have to go check on Unnie anyways." I stretched my arms. "Big chance that the reporters never left." I had to take off Seungcheol's jacket. If someone saw me in it, the reporters will stir up again.

"It's still raining though!" She exclaimed, running to me.

"It's alright-" I refused.

"At least take an umbrella." She began to look around frantically for an umbrella.
"Why does this place have no umbrellas?." She scoffed.

"I'll go with her." Seungcheol suddenly then offered and I froze like a statue.

"Oh-? You- Great! Have fun you 2! Taerin stay safe!" Jimun shoved us and I glanced back seeing Hoshi. I waved in a small desire and he waved back.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" I put my attention back on Seungcheol as I had realized I wasn't listening to him.

"What?"

"I think you heard what I said." He opened the umbrella and lifted it upwards to protect our heads.

"Well..No." I just muttered.

"Then why do your hands tremble whenever you're near me.?" He had his hand in his pocket whilst he turned to the side and leaned over me. I glanced at my hands and I didn't even realize myself.

"I don't know. I didn't even know they were." I flipped my hand over to my palm and then back.

"Are you still upset that I never wanted to continue our friendship?" He continued to ask questions.

"Should I not?" I furrowed my brows.

"Never said that." He moved the position of his hand to hold the umbrella correctly.

"I think you were referring to that direction." I couldn't hold in my smile.

"Look even now you're smiling." He let out a wide grin at me and I held my stomach.

"Tsk. No I'm not.." I tried to keep a straight face but he was making me laugh.

"Taerin..Moving everything aside. Please. Let me renew our friendship again." He was biting his lip, probably worried to what'd I say. "I'm risking it this time."

"Risking? Why? What happened last time?." I was curious to know.

"I was able to get rid of the reporters because I had to stop the friendship between us." He let out a breath and then the rain had stopped. "Oh. The rain stopped.." He removed the umbrella slowly, glancing up at the sky.

" He removed the umbrella slowly, glancing up at the sky

I admired his face for a quick moment. The people around stared at us, knowing me from the news and him as the perfect idol. I watched him glance up at the sky's colours as only negativity filled in me.

How is it possible when such people look at us this way? How can you be friends with me when everyone will judge you? It's difficult walking around beside eachother without another rumor starting.

I was happy but then realizing what would happen just ruined the moment..But should I care about that?

It's not bad if I want to be just a little happy. "I hate asking twice..But could we start again?." I gritted my teeth but he looked over to me.

"We could." He shrugged, teasing me.

"I asked nicely!" I groaned, stomping away.

"Hey hey-! Wait! Isn't your house far from here?!" He yelled, catching up to me who had no words left.

"Oh my days..I came here by car with Jimun.." I smacked myself, realizing how much of an idiot I was.

"We can take the bus." He pointed at the station from not far away. I agreed and we went to the bus station. There were far more people at this time. "What time is it?" He asked as he peeked over at my phone.

"It's 7pm..It's rush hour.." I squinted my eyes, not liking the idea of being squashed in a bus.

"It'll be fine." He insisted. We took the next bus and it was packed. I followed him, making ourselves in, barely.

And the driver was so messy..His way of driving was making me sway left and right, bumping into many people at once. Like some bowling ball!

Then the driver made a steep turn to the left and everyone was falling to the side. But Seungcheol held me by the shoulders and I just stayed close to him.
He seemed rather tense..

He used his strength to keep us from falling and he looked stressed being the one crowded by the people. And he worked a lot today, not to mention..bringing me home too.

But with every station I noticed him getting worse. "Seungcheol..?" I frowned, checking up on him. His breath was heavy and he was getting fragile as time passed by.

I checked at which station we were at and the next one was where we had to get off. "Seungcheol..Hang on just for 3 more minutes. We're almost there." I supported him a bit as the bus went on.

"Mhm.." He mumbled out.

I was getting a headache but I pushed my way out of the bus with him. I let him sit on the bench for a while and crouched down.

"It's seemingly peaceful now." He chuckled, leaning back. So careless..