12. Long Lengths.

Taerin's Pov.

"I bet they'll use the picture when you held my pack of cigarettes." He leaned on the right armrest of the bench.

"It doesn't matter. I look healthy." I stretched, taking a stand.

"Oh, speak of the devil..They're here." He pointed behind me and I exhaled out of annoyance, seeing as they're back. I took a step back and that's when they all started rushing to me. The clicks and flashes of the cameras were blinding me. "Taerin-! Hang on-!" I heard my friend's faint voice but the talks and slams were louder than his words.

I felt a few hits hit my arms and faces, legs kicking me from everyone shoving each other, they had been choking me together like a thick rope.

I glanced up at the sun, I felt lightheaded and nauseous..Maybe I shouldn't have even made such a big deal about the concert with him..

Then, I flopped onto the ground, my lips probably pale and dry.

____

Later.

It was pitch black in my memories but then I heard the small sounds entering to my eardrums.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I fluttered my eyes open, seeing a bunch of tubes and tape on me. Beside the bed I was laying on, was a heart meter. "I made it all the way to the hospital?" I whispered, looking at myself.

"I think you're getting in dangerous situations to easily." I held the blanket tight, a sweat dripping down from my forehead. I was frozen. Why was I so fearful against him..

Seungcheol? "Why are you here." I scoffed, not looking up to his face.

"I rushed over to help you." He claimed but I didn't believe it a single bit. "No thank you? I'll remember that." He chuckled lightly.

"You're not funny." I bit my lip.

"I wasn't trying to be funny." He calmly said, looking out of the window.

"Why'd you save me?" I questioned.

"Isn't that what a good person would do?" What did he mean? Did he do it out of spite so he'd look good on camera? "Taerin." He called my name out.

"Sorry- What did you say?" I wanted to hear it again to make sure.

"It's my favor to you." He suddenly smiled. But that was completely different from what I first heard. "You don't have to contact me anymore. I'll deal with the reporters..So you can live comfortably again." He took out his phone.

But I didn't want to end it for some reason.. I wanted him to leave, but every step in my mind took longer than I thought. "W-Wait." I got up to grab his hand.

"Is something wrong?" He faced me.

"I..don't want to stop bothering you. I don't..want you to stop bothering me." I gritted my teeth as I said such cringed words.

"Do you not hate me already?" Seungcheol lifted my head lightly and I shook my head.

"I may seem desperate..We may have known each other for only a short while now, but I enjoy you coming around." I felt so embarrassed as I continued to speak.

"I kind of enjoy coming around to visit you too y'know?" He laughed, patting my head. "But..For your safety, I can't become close to you."

My hold became loose, just processing his sentence. But..that's right. I could never get so close with an idol..a celebrity. I thought of him too much as a perfectly normal person with just a normal life.

But no, I forgot he was loved by many others who'd also love to be in my position now. He disappeared out of my sight and I sat back in my bed. I had hope that I could even have a normal conversation with him everyday.

______

I had gotten released later in the week when my mental health had gotten better. I continued to work at the café in peace, just like Seungcheol said. There were no signs of reporters or paparazzi that were around me the whole time.

"Taerin? Are you sure you don't need to stay away from work?" My colleague approached me, laying a hand on my shoulder.

"Hm? No?" I said.

"You're..deprived." She mumbled, just turning away. What did she mean?

Months later, days went by and I just only had enough motivation to get through each day to end up here again in the morning. It was boring, so casual.

I thought going on blind-dates or going out with friends would make my life somewhat more sparkling than the dull way it was but it didn't change a single thing on how I felt already.

"Hello! My name is Jong Gilyeong." He bowed, taking a seat.

"My name is Lee Taerin." I isolated my feelings quite a bit aswell whilst doing these kind of things. I wanted to keep that small gap between everyone else and my island. "Nice to meet you."

"Uh..I'll be honest here. I really am not interested in doing this." He whispered, leaning closer.

"Then why are you?" I asked.

"My friend was sick and he said you were pretty. So I had to go in his place." He scratched his neck, signs of being nervous.

"Well, we can end it now if you're uncomfortable." I started packing up already.

"Wait- but why are you on a blind date?." Gilyeong was quite the nosy type.

"I want to let my mind off some things." I answered his frail question and left.

"Off what-?" He followed me desperately out of the restaurant.

"I can't tell you that." I laughed.

"Why not?"

"Jong Gilyeong. Please stop asking me questions." I quit laughing and turned serious. "And don't follow me." I sighed, waiting for a taxi to arrive.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I turned to see his face, wondering if I had upset him. He gave me that same face Cheol used. The taxi came and I said nothing. I held on the door, wanting to go back and apologize but..I couldn't..The coward self I was to go this far to forget about him.