60. A Little More.

Nari's Pov.

I only kept in contact with Baekho because of Jimun. But I wondered why he suddenly just called me that midnight. "He's insane."

Taerin's Dad, insane? Sure he was a bit weird at times, but I doubted he was so crazy to go far enough to try and kill his own daughter. "I'll call you some other time. I'm busy." I sighed, hanging up, not letting him leave a single word.

I pondered, back and forth. "What happened that day..Something that Unnie and Jimun know, which me and Taerin don't." I placed my phone on the glass coffee table, under pressure. This was something I had to ask Jimun about...Would her being drunk be the best thing to make her spill everything?

It was an idea I knew that shouldn't have been allowed. But Jimun's a strong drinker anyways..What if she sobered up already? "Jimun..?" I knocked on the door, then going in.

"Hnng.." Her voice was hoarse. I couldn't tell if she was sober or not.

"How many fingers do you see?" I asked. Typical question but if she said a number, she was drunk 100% because I was holding up no fingers.

"It's too dark.." She spoke. Damn..She was sober. "But I know that's 6." She giggled, pointing at the ceiling.

"What happened that day?" I was on it. I was heading straight to the point.

"What day..There are so many days, I can't possinly count!" She hummed, her eyes still closed. The light from the living room was the only source seeping through the door.

"The day Mr. Lee tried to kill Taerin. Tell me." I questioned, crossing my arms.

"Our poor Taerin..We fended him off. I saw his face last second.. Stop making me cry." She groaned, rolling around. "I was scared for Taerin. We promised to not to say..But I'll keep that secret in your hands Mr. Unicorn..!" She pointed at me.

"I appreciate it." Mr. Unicorn..really?

"I miss my boyfriend." She then weeped. I placed a hand over her head.

"I know. I'm sorry." I comforted her. But now I knew everything. I was able to get a sort draft from her drunk words..The rest, Baekho can tell me himself.

I left the room, getting ready to sleep soon. I brushed my teeth, still thinking about the situation. They did good..But was it the right thing to just let Taerin keep living whilst not knowing her Dad will always beeing watching to take her out?

It was hard, I knew I shouldn't have taken everything into my own hands but I knew Mr. Lee closely than almost anybody else.

And it's all from his ex-wife, Ms. Ju. The day Jimun was late because she went to Taerin's house, was when Ms. Ju came over. Claiming to have been the Mum of Taerin.

Past.

"Yeah. I'm finishing up on the reports. Have you already finished the powerpoint?" I asked, preparing a snack.

"Yeah I have. I'll send it to you later on?"

"Alright. I'll talk tomorrow. We have to present this in our lecture." I said my end and she hung up after our goodbyes to each other.

"Hey Nari. When is Jimun coming home?" My Mum came out, putting in an earring.

"Oh I don't know. She should normally be coming home now." I glanced at the clock, rather worried for my little sister.

"Alright. Give her 20 minutes. If she still hasn't come home..Call her..If not call us." Mum said. "I'm going to meet up with your Dad." She put on a jacket and I nodded.

"Have fun then.!" I waved, watching her off with the car. I did as told and watched every second tick down until it hit 20 minutes after.

I rang up Jimun but she didn't answer. Her phone was completely switched off. "I should go out.." I put on my shoes as then someone rang on the doorbell. "Oh-! Jimun!" I unlocked the door to only see an unknown woman. "Uh..Hello?" I was nervous to talk to strangers and she gave me an unknown feeling I didn't like.

"I'm sorry..Uh..Your sister is Jimun..Right?" I was able to take a good look at her face.

"Who are you." She looked clean and didn't seem to have come off the streets.

"I-I'm..Taerin's Mum." And I widened my eyes. This was Taerin's Mum? How could I have not realized sooner?! They looked rather much similar..But Taerin takes more after her Dad's feminine looks.

"Mrs..Lee?!" I grabbed the door frame, still in shock.

"I'd like to be called Ms. Ju now.." She awkwardly fiddled with her fingers in front of me.

"I apologize." I bowed. "What..Brings you here?"

"I just..wanted to say thank you to Jimun. For everything she did that I haven't." She glanced away, seeming rather pitiful.

"Trust me. She does this at her own will." I chuckled at her. But..how did she find our house? It was questionable.

"I'll get going then.. Thank you once again." She signed.

"Uh..You seem to have a lot on your shoulders. I'd also like to know what happened to you and Mr. Lee." I took her sleeve slightly and she gazed back at me in shock. "Wait- I have to go find Jimun-"

"She was visiting Taerin. She's a nice girl." She smiled. I exhaled and was able to calm myself down.

They were like another subject I had to learn. I spent my days, weeks..in my room, pinning all things together.

We met up frequently and she told me more stories and drama that happened long before Taerin was born. As much as I felt bad for her..maybe the whole broken up family, it just reminded me of Philosophy. It made me question about my life aswell. What if I ended up just like her? I could never imagine being separated from my future child or children.

"You know..Nari. Both you and Jimun do so much..Are you sure I shouldn't pay you or? It makes me anxious how I'm just able to just wash off my problems.." She placed down her coffee.