26. Enduring.

Taerin's Pov.

(Play 'MY LOVE' by Leehi!)

"Haha..Right." It hurt me a bit, hearing how harsh he said it to me. But I mean..yeah. We're just friends, right? "I was joking.!" He exclaimed but I couldn't really hide the fact I was hurt. I swallowed in some type of uncomfortable embarrassment.

"Ah- I've got to get going now." He recieved a new notification and reannounced it to me.

"Oh- Okay-" I followed him out and watched him off.

I spent my time working. It was hard believing that it was already winter. I can't remember how I spent my last Christmas..or more like who. I only had a week left of working until it was Christmas break. My colleague and her fiancé were going somewhere for their Christmas so that's why she decided to wrap up early.

I always glanced out of the window whilst making the coffees. It was warm in the café but I knew that the second I'd step out, I would be freezing. Seungcheol was also extra busy because it's also break for them soon. They probably have tons of schedules before completely cleaning out for the weeks.

BTS have also uploaded many things. But..I never found the time because I was so busy with..SEVENTEEN.

My past self would find me absolutely horrid for not having time for BTS. "I'll see you tomorrow~" We split ways and I went to the downtown, sipping from the coffee I made. It kept me warm, the steam lifting up into the air.

I felt emotional at the moment, it was that feeling of loneliness again. I couldn't prove that feeling but it just felt like it. Something caught my eye as I faced towards the glass of the shop. There was a display of rings.

I glanced at my ring, then back to the display case. I remember Seungcheol and his members having their own matching rings. As I breathed in and out, a soft air released from my mouth.

How long have I known them? Around..2 months..? I went through my own struggles but I'm still walking today. It's hard believing it when looking back on those events.

I switched on my phone, as there stood a notification. A voice message from my Dad, I clicked on it, not expecting anything.

"Hey Taerin. You weren't picking up any of my calls, so now I'm just sending a voice message. Uh..I know this might not be good news. I'm..not coming back anytime soon. I'm sorry."

I clenched on my phone tightly. I didn't expect anything but it gave me concerns for my future. I knew he'd never come back of course. But why did everything about my own Dad anger me so much? Does he not even have a thought about me?

"Now I'm feeling upset on a nice day.." I groaned, wiping my eyes. The cold was heading up into my nose everytime I sniffled. But I couldn't control my tears, my fury mixed with my anxiety exploded as I slowly just let tears drop out of my eyes.

I knew people were giving glances at me, but it was the least of my worries. I never had and do have a shoulder to cry on.

I was walking back home and then just sat at my doorstep. I kept my body close together, just weeping in silence.

 I kept my body close together, just weeping in silence

"Dad..I just want you to say something other than that stupid vacation.." I mumbled to myself. My eyes feeling swollen, I just stared at the road, trying to calm myself before going in the house.

"Taerin, right?." I wiped my eyes, facing the voice.

"Yes..?" I lifted my head as the lightpost switched on. Wonwoo?. He's also a part of SEVENTEEN..I realized I never had the chance to speak to him properly. "You're.."

"Wonwoo." He introduced himself..As if I didn't know him.

"Ah..The one with great expressions." I pointed at his face and he widened his eyes for some reason.

"Great expressions?.." He questioned and I nodded.

"Hm?" I didn't understand what was bad about it.

"My apologies. I'm just..known as like..the friend from Mingyu..or something like that." The more I talk to these guys, the more I notice that they all see themselves in a very negative way. From what I searched online, Wonwoo is one of the most popular.

"Well I know you as Wonwoo." I leaned on my arms.

"Were you crying?" He then asked and I didn't know how to reply.

"I was." I just simply blurted out and he patted my head. "Anyways..How did you find my house?" I raised a brow.

"Jimun told me." He had no shame!

"Why did you come here then..?"

"Seungcheol was busy so he asked me to deliver this to you." He then showed an envelope.

"Oh thanks. I'll read it later." I placed the envelope beside me. "Come sit down..If you'd like." I offered the seat and he accepted.

"The stars are slowly coming out." He glanced up at the sky. I joined him aswell in stargazing.

"Weird question. Do you ever just feel like you're still stuck in the same place?" I wondered, beside him, feeling my eyes dry up.

"Of course. I lost my Mother this year." I immediately looked at him but he was lightly smiling.

"I'm sorry- I shouldn't have asked." I kept my hands together, scared if he had disliked me even more.

"No. I'm glad you mentioned it. You just reminded me that my Mum is watching over me." He gazed at me. The dark, yet lighted sky reflected in his glasses.

"I bet she is." I agreed and he just laughed at me.

"My Mum would like you." He stretched up into a stand. "I should get going now though." He faced away and I agreed. But..What did he mean by his Mum would like me?

"I hope you get home safe." I bowed. "Thank you for the letter by the way." He just waved at me. As he disappeared from sight, I wanted to go in quickly to check the letter.