45. Wary.

Taerin's Pov.

I definitely had more than enough money. Whilst I had searched around the university, I also found a new place in Seoul. It'd be good if I moved as soon the café will be moving over aswell.

"Do what you want." Dad grumbled, getting up.

"I'll text you when I'll leave so everything here will be your problem." I waved, Baekho just following him out. I slammed the door shut. I was proud with what I did, but felt so depressed at the same time. And as always, I continued to be alone again.

I went into the room Baekho used to be and everything was cleared out. "How annoying." I closed the door and brought myself back onto the couch. I turned on the T.V, not feeling well for some reason.

I had a sickening feeling in my stomach and a headache. I didn't know if I was stressed out but it hurt. I held a pillow and Seungcheol texted me.

I took the chance to text some other people aswell.

Seungcheol

How is it going?

I just finished. I'm
not feeling very well
though.

What? Why?! :(

I don't know either.
I'm probably too stressed.
I'll be fine if I get some
good night's sleep.

I'll come over if you
want.

It's alright. I'll just
text you if it gets worse.

Okay. Get well soon.

Thank you.

_______

I placed down my phone so I could get to sleep.

Jimun's Pov.

"Unnie. I'm happy for Taerin, really. But-" I sat on the counter and she seemed to be in her own thoughts aswell.

"Something's off, right?" She gazed at me and I nodded. "I may be a little delusional, but..I feel like everything has gone way too much in our favor." She frowned.

"The feeling is weird aswell. Do you think Taerin is alright?" I questioned and she sighed.

"We should go check up on her." She suggested and she went to go get her belongings. We walked to Taerin's house to give her some company. We rang on the doorbell and no response was given. "She's not here?" Unnie tilted her head.

"Luckily she gave me an extra key." I said, showing out the key. I unlocked the door and we found her on the couch, breathing hastily. "Taerin?!" I gasped and Unnie ran straight to her.

"What's this smell in here?" Unnie sniffed, coughing slightly. The air was sticky, and it smelled weirdly strange.

"Right..?" I raised a brow. But first Taerin wasn't looking well and only seemed to get worse. "Maybe-" I tried turning back but someone grabbed my hair, holding a knife to my neck. I widened my eyes as Unnie gasped.

"Jimun-!" She exclaimed, trying to come to me.

"Don't." A deep voice ordered, keeping Unnie in her tracks.

"You didn't lock the door?!" I winced at Unnie and she glared at me.

"I thought YOU did!" She pointed at me.

"Now..we're fighting over who didn't lock the door? I would've gotten in either way." He scoffed, shoving it closer to my neck. The air was worsening and especially Taerin. We had to act quickly to take Taerin to the hospital. "Stay away from the girl and come here." He was stuttering.

"What do you think you're going to do with her?" Unnie gritted her teeth, taking a glance at me.

"It's none of your business! You touch that girl or this one dies on the spot!" He threatened, making me cough from how close he was bringing the knife.

But wasn't he rather stupid? I grabbed his hand and kicked him back. "Ack!" The knife fell and Unnie instantly ran for it.

"Are you new at this?!" I scoffed as he came back up to fight. He threw a punch at me but I dodged it slightly, giving him a back kick. He dragged down my foot to fall and I hit my face on the table.

"Jimun- Don't touch her!" Unnie grabbed his hand, holding the knife in the other and then side kicked him in the stomach. The man was rather fragile and he wouldn't stop.

We were to 2..It made the process much quicker. "I'll deal with him! Call the police!" I instantly said.

"Oh no you're not!" He yelled, swiping past me grabbing her phone and smashed it. I squinted my eyes, slamming him to the floor, keeping his hands together.

"STAY ON THE FLOOR WHERE YOU BELONG!" I shoved it tighter as he winced. "Take any phone!" Unnie was panicking but she did as told. He was trying to fight back but I used my strength to keep him still.

"Hello?! Please help!" I heard her begin to speak as I was starting to struggle to keep him in place. "10 minutes!" She exclaimed.

"I can't hold him!" I yelled out and she came to help, but not much of a difference was made. "Take off his mask-!" I said and she nodded. Then.. "Mr. Lee?" I suddenly blurted out, seeing his old face.

"GET OFF!" My hold weakened and he slipped out of our hands.

"HE'S GETTING AWAY! JIMUN-!" Unnie pointed, then saw me. "Jimun?!"

"Her own Father..?" But much aside that, something was feeling weirder.

"It's kind of hot..Is the smell causing this?" We were struggling to breathe. I was still on my knees as then something caught my eye.

"It's carbon monoxide! The windows have more condensation, we have to get out of here before we start having problems aswell!" I gasped for air and together we brought out Taerin. She was pale and she was weakily breathing. "Luckily I paid attention to class that time-!" I groaned, flopping to the ground as Unnie kept Taerin close.

The police finally came and the ambulance took Taerin with Unnie to the hospital and the police interrogated me about what happened.

I allowed them to look around in the house because of the gas problem and I followed Taerin and Unnie to the hospital.