62. Gratitude.

Jimun's Pov.

"That's all. Thank you!" I bowed at the waitress and she went to the back again. I checked my phone and then wondered about Taerin. "I wonder what she needed to pick up.." I ate a little bit of the side dish to fill myself.

Taerin's Pov.

"Can this be used for all-year-round fashion?" I obviously had to ask questions before buying it. I even took a good look at the sewing.

"Of course it can! It's a very neutral colour which goes perfect for any weather or season. That's why many customers favour this bag." She explained. She told me about all of the pockets and what's to be put there.

"Well then I'll buy it." I agreed, giving the lady the bag.

"Perfect! Please follow me to the cashier then." She took the material and brought it to the counter where she wrapped it perfectly.

"Is it possible to wrap this bag?" I saw the wrapping station behind her.

"Mhm! The person will be very happy with this gift." She said, wrapping it.

"I know she will be..It's just a gratitude of what she's done for me. Honestly I should be buying much more." I exhaled, taking out my wallet.

"But just as people say.. It's the thought that counts." She chuckled.

"That's rather true.." I grinned.

"Well here you go!" She passed the gift in an extra bag and I paid the amount. "Thank you for your visit and come again!" She bowed.

"Thank you! I will!" I bowed back before jogging off to the restaurant. I gazed at the bag since it had the shop's logo on it..But I guess I just had to hide it.

I entered back in and saw Jimun on her phone. "Jimun~! I'm back!" I waved.

"Did you pick up what you needed?" She asked. "Oh quick! Food's coming!" She signed me to sit down.

"Yeah I did!" I turned the white bag around to hide the logo and showed her.

"What is it?" She tilted her head.

"Shoes. For Seungcheol!" I lied..But if this goes wrong, maybe I do have to buy shoes.. My wallet should already be crying now.

"Oh! Can I see?"

"I wrapped it..Sorry!" I frowned.

"It's alright!" She smiled. "I guess I'll just check it out when S.Coups opens it." She shrugged.

"Here is the food..!" The waitress came with the food, placing it slowly on the table.

"Thank you!" Me and Jimun exclaimed, digging into the light food. We talked about little things in life and had fun. We made our way back home where then that moment ended. "Unnie?" Jimun unlocked the door seeing another woman with Nari with Baekho.

"Baekho-?" The atmosphere turned still and cold as we all processed what happened. The woman gave me a weird connection I wasn't supposed to feel either.

"Oh my gosh..It is him.." Jimun muttered.

"Uhm..hear me out you both." Nari calmed us down as we took a seat beside her. "This is Ms. Ju and..Baekho as you already know." She introduced them and I took a good examination of the Ms.Ju.

We both stared eachother down, where have I met this woman before..She felt so close yet like a complete stranger who I've never even dreamt about before.

"Taerin, Ms. Ju is your Mum." Nari said as I just kept quiet. I felt my world suddenly spinning as I looked at her longer. "Taerin?"

"Unnie. Give her a moment." Jimun said, as my Mum..My Mum. That's my Mum. The Mum who left me when I was younger, the one who wasn't here for me. The one who left me to raise myself.

"You. My Mum?" I pointed.

"She's the one in the picture frame.." Jimun placed a hand on my shoulder.

She was old, not much that I expected. She looked much different than from the picture I knew her from. The smiling, bright woman I saw was this woman who was expressionless beneath my feet.

"Jimun. Do you remember me.?" She spoke, her voice was calming.

"Of course. We met outside of the house." Jimun replied. "It's been a while, Ms. Ju." She then bowed.

"How did you even know I was Jimun's older sister though?" Nari spun up a thought, which Jimun also wondered.

"Taerin's Father texted me about it." My Mother talked once again, with proper manners. But from her side, I saw Baekho who was staring straight at me.

"Why are you here?" Everyone fell silent as they looked at the direction I did with my eyes.

"That's what we wanted to speak about. I already notified of Unnie." Nari placed down her phone. "Jimun..You know what happened on that day where there was supposedly a gas leak." Nari crossed her legs, starting with Jimun.

I raised a brow, not having a great feeling about this. I was the only one who was so clueless..They all stared at eachother, taking short peeks back at me. "We're saying that now..?" Jimun frowned, keeping me close to her.

"It's only for the best Jimun." Nari laid a hand on Jimun's shoulder as I stayed quiet.

"Okay.." Jimun sighed, giving it a good thought. "Your Dad tried to.." But she then struggled. That's when 'my Mum' came in.

"He tried to kill my daughter. You." She came closer to me that woman. She took my hand. "My child, I'm sorry that he ever dared to even think about it." She weeped at my hands. What..?

"That's why I'm here." Baekho interrupted. "I reached out to Nari noona." He pointed. "I know I wasn't supposed to come back..but nothing goes right when you're with him." Baekho vouched for his freedom here in this house.

"My Dad tried to kill me?" I was still stuck on that exact part.

"I'm sorry..He's going to be put behind those bars. The police must've gotten him by now." Jimun clenched her fists, bold of what she had done.