50. I Like It.

Taerin's Pov.

"I'll see you all some other time~! I'm out!" She skipped in a joyful mood. She was really happy about being accepted, I guess.

"Wow.." Dk and Hoshi synced in together. "She's good." They put a thumbs up.

"Mm..Seungcheol." I faced him, my heart pounding a million times faster than normally.

"Yeah?" He blinked at me.

"Go on a date with me." I insisted, holding his hand tighter. Everyone stood by the sidelines and gasped. Seungcheol raised his eyes, surprised.

"I'd..love to." He shyed away, pushing me back. He covered his face, punching me multiple times.

"Ow- Ouch- Ack- Ow-" I was being pushed back with every hit. "Okay- Seungcheol- that hurts." I sighed as everyone laughed.

"He has a way of ruining the moment." Jeonghan smirked.

"I'm sorry.." He exhaled, becoming upset.

"Don't be." I reassured him, letting go of his hand. "Hey-" But he grabbed my hand with force.

"It wasn't enough." He held it again.

"What's up with you!?" I tried shaking him off but he didn't budge at all. "You're already going on a date with me?! Is that not enough?!"

"It's S.Coups hyung's clingy side coming out." Dk chuckled.

"Jimun!" I yelled out for her.

"Nope..-" She was busy eating ice cream. I swear my head was about to explode the more I tried to peek at Seungcheol's face.

"Oh- We have to go back!" Hoshi pointed out, showing the time.

"But-" Seungcheol softly let go.

"You can hold her hand later! Sorry Taerin! Nice seeing you!" Dk bowed and Jeonghan waved before running off with the group.

"They're a nice friend group. We should've had some kind of friend group like that back then." Jimun licked her spoon, as we both gazed at the entrance.

"For real." I yawned. "Let's get out of this mess aswell. Do you remember Taeho from highschool?" I then brought up a new topic as she padded beside me.

"Yeah of course! He's still dating that foreigner by the way." She pointed with her spoon, giving me a little information.

"Oh really? They suit eachother in a way." I thought to myself, trying to create an image for that scene.

"They do. Taeho's good in english anyways." Jimun threw away her rubbish, before continuing to walk with me. We made a route back to the house.

"Seoul is so lively..It's so different than to where I live." I hummed, seeing all the people.

"Even though it's packed, I have to say that Seoul is a little safer." Jimun showed with his fingers and I agreed.

"Yep." I nodded.

"So you do like S.Coups?" Jimun asked, returning back to that situation. But I gave no response. "Taerin?"

"Should I even be allowed to like him?" I furrowed my brows, seeing as her eyes slightly raised at me.

Jimun's Pov.

How could she say that? She should be able to love anyone she wants. But her expression that she tainted my heart with, made me frown. "Taerin. Of course you're allowed. No one is here to stop you." I said, trying to reassure her but the atmosphere hadn't lifted at all.

"But they're everywhere. Some of them could be looking at us right now. Jimun..We're also fans. We know how fans work." She gritted her teeth.

I sighed, not getting to her head at all. "Then let me ask you something. What happens if you just leave Seungcheol? Do you not care how he'd feel afterwards.?" I tilted my head snd I seemed to have broken off a shield on her.

"I don't want that..But it's the best for him." She folded her arms, staring down at the ground.

"But it's still not fair. Are you too blind to see that he may also like you too?" I huffed, Taerin was never good at these things. She always thought more than what she should have.

"I don't know."

Then my brain triggered to her Dad. The first time I saw her Dad's face in one of the pictures, I was never able to unsee him in her. When I met her Dad, they expressed their feelings somewhat similar. And when I saw her Mum.. they acted the exact same way.

_______

Past.

"Hello!" The cashier lady smiled at me, beeping all the items.

"Hello!" I smiled back and paid for the total. She put them all in a bag for me as I then left the convenience store. "Hm. Taerin said I could come over whenever..We could learn for our exam next week. And I'll give her these sweets!" I opened a lollipop whilst walking.

I tried figuring out where she lived since this area wasn't that familiar to me, living all the way in Seoul. It was going to be fine since I could just call Nari to pick me up.

I scurried through the bag, finally making it to the address. I gazed upwards seeing a woman in front of the house. I took a step forwards, trying to get a closer look at her. "Excuse me?" I tilted my head and she suddenly raised her guard, backing away from me. "Sorry- Could I just ask you why you're here?"

"Who are you.? A student?" She guessed by my uniform..and then she approached me. "That's my daughter's uniform." She glared at me. Daughter? Is this person Taerin's Mum?

"I-I'm Taerin's friend.." I raised my hand with the bag. "We should go in together if you'd-"

"No!" She took my hand, pulling me back. "I can't. I shouldn't be allowed to waltz in acting as if I had been there her whole life." She gazed downwards at the ground with a strong frown. Taerin told me about her family situation and just knowing made it hurt even more.

"But I know for a fact that she misses you." I told her with a small smile..She really didn't let it get to her.

"It doesn't matter." She shook her head.