Chapter 2 -

We were mostly settled in, well actually, hardly. We had boxes scattered all through out the house, but we had the beds and couches in place, so thankfully I wouldn't have to sleep on the floor tonight.

"Sweetheart, why don't you go meet the neighbors, yeah?" My mother suggested.

I nodded, shrugging my shoulders. "Alright."

We didn't live in an enormous neighborhood which I liked, but we had a couple houses surrounding us. If I was lucky, I could meet some kids that go to my new school.

I yelled goodbye before exiting through the front door. I glanced around at the houses, deciding the blue house next to ours would be the first one I investigate.

I jogged over and knocked on the front door. It was just a little bit small than our house, but it had flowers around the sidewalk up to the door and it looked really cute.

An old lady approached the screen door with a smile and opened it up. "Hello there," she spoke in a quiet and frail voice.

"Hi! My mother and I moved in next door, so I was going around to meet the neighbors." I grinned widely. "I'm Ella Ventue, my mother is Julie Ventue."

"Oh, how lovely." She took a step outside and pointed to a bench. "Why don't you sit down and I'll go get some tea?" She asked. I nodded and sat down on the wooden bench as she went back into the house, only to appear moments later with two cups of tea.

She sat down next to me and carefully handed over the small cup. "Thank you," I said, taking a small sip. I didn't want to burn myself. "It's delicious." It was hot and it soothed my throat, it tasted like cinnamon.

"No problem. I'm Maria." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you. Do you live alone?" I asked, looking around at the gorgeous view, then back to her. She had a sad smile on her lips.

"Sadly, yes. My husband Richard passed away a few years back." She looked up at me, and I got a good look at her. Her white hair was pulled back into a tight bun and her green eyes stood out.

"I'm so sorry," I said and frowned. I decided to bring up a different topic, I felt that this was an awkward conversation so far and I wanted to be on the good side of our neighbors. "Do you have any children?"

"Oh yes," she laughed. "I have a son, his name is Gary. And he has a son himself, Luke."

I was curious, Luke must be around my age. "What school does Luke go to?"

"Lincoln High." (that probably is an actual school somewhere but i just thought of it ok) I smiled, biting my lip.

"I'm starting school there next week!"

"Ah, then I better tell him to look out for a beautiful blonde." She winked and nudged me with her shoulder. I laughed, I already knew I would become great friends with this lady.

By now my teacup was empty, and so was hers. "I suppose you had best move on then?" She asked. I frowned and nodded.

"Sadly," I said, handing her the teacup.

"Tell you what." She smiled. "Why don't you and your mother come over for dinner sometime?"

I grinned, showing off my pearly whites. "That'd be wonderful!"

"Alright, sweetie. It was nice meeting you!"

"Bye Maria," I said, waving goodbye. "It was nice meeting you too."

-

The people in the house across the street weren't home, so I made my way to the white house next to it. I knocked slowly, waiting patiently for someone to come and answer. And finally after a minute they did.

It was a pretty girl who looked around my age, with dark brown hair pulled up into a ponytail and brown eyes. "Hi!" she said and opened the door.

"Hello. I moved in across the street." I pointed to our house and looked back at her. "I'm Ella Ventue."

"Oh, I've heard about a new girl coming to the school. You goin' to Lincoln?" She asked in her Australian accent. I would never get used to that. "And I adore your accent too!" She squealed.

"Haha, thanks.. And yeah, I'm going to Lincoln."

"Great, Ella! Oh, and I'm Maggie. It's nice to meet you. Want to come inside?" Damn, she was eager.

"Sure," I smiled, stepping inside. It was beautiful and very neat. The walls were white and the floor was wooden.

"Mom!" The girl screamed. Geez.

"What?"

"I have a friend, we're going up to my room."

"Okay, whatever."

Maggie grabbed my hand and ran up the stairs and just as we were about to enter what I assume was her room another door opened and a boy stepped out.

"Ooh, Maggie. Who's your friend?" He winked at me.

"Ugh, Michael. Go away." She rolled her eyes and tugged me into the room. This 'Michael' guy was really cute. His hair was black and he just looked adorable.

Maggie's room had pink carpeting and pink walls. A bed with pink sheets and pillows, a wooden with a mirror over it, and a couch with a tv in front of it. Guess what color the couch was? Pink. Pink everything. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Your brother is kinda cute," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Ew, no! Shut up!" She covered her ears and leaped onto the bed. "Don't say that again," she warned, out of breath.

I sat down on the bed next to her and smiled. "So what's it like at school?"

"Well, I'm a freshman, and you are too, right?" I nodded. "Cool. Well it's pretty good, the teachers are nice and everything."

"Sounds better than my last school," I murmured.

"Sorry, what? I didn't hear you." She smiled.

I took a deep breath and shook my head. "Nah, it's nothing. Well I better get going. I'll see you on Monday at school?"

"Yeah, totally! See ya in two days," she said as I left the overly pink room and went downstairs, making my way out the front door.

Michael was out on the porch talking with another guy. Both of them turned their heads as I exited the house. "Oh, hey pretty girl."

I waved my small hand. "Hey."

"Michael? Your sister got a new friend?" The other guy took a step closer towards me. I felt a little intimidated, I didn't think he would do anything.

"Yeah. What is your name, by the way?" Michael asked.

"I'm Ella." I smiled at the two boys.

"I'm Michael, and that's Calum." I looked at Calum who was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt.

Calum smirked at me. "Did you just move here?" I nodded and pointed at my house. "Oh, I live beside you."

"That's cool, do you both go to Lincoln?"

They both nodded their heads, and Michael said, "We're both seniors."

I smiled and took a small step towards the sidewalk. "I'm a freshman." The boys looked at each other. "I'll talk to you guys later, maybe? I better get going." I smiled and waved goodbye.

"See ya," Calum said as I walked away, back to the place I would now call home.