Chapter 4 -

Lunch cleared out and I could see the look of disgust on Ashton's face when he saw me talking to Luke. He scoffed and pushed his chair away as the bell rang, leaving to his next class. Or skipping, I don't know.

Luke chuckled, still locking eyes with me. God, could he stop being so attractive?  "Sorry about him," he said. His Australian accent was so addictive.

"It's cool." I smiled, looking down at my lap twiddling with my fingers. Everyone had left the cafeteria, leaving me and Luke alone. I was waiting for a teacher to yell or something, but it never came.

"Hey," Luke whispered, tilting my chin up to look at him. He smiled, and I smiled back. He made me so shy. "I have a question.."

I hoped it wasn't anything serious, I mean, I just got to Australia. "Yeah?"

"A date? With me, on Friday?"

I bit my lip, thinking for a moment. I thought of the pros ; talking to Luke more, hanging out with him outside of school, hearing him laugh, watching him smile, and I could list so many more. Cons ; none?

I nodded my head slowly, before locking eyes with him. I smiled and said, "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Great," He smiled widely. "Well, we better get to class. I'll talk to you later?" I nodded. "Can I get your number, ya know, to text and stuff?"

I giggled nodding. He handed me his phone and I happily typed in my number, making my contact name Ella with a emoji blowing a kiss.

He smiled shyly looking down at the contact, and then said goodbye.

-

"Guys, it isn't a big deal," I laughed. Paula and Maggie were so excited that I had a date with Luke.

"Not a big fucking deal?" Paula whispered, her eyes wide. "You have a date with Luke Hemmings!"

I rolled my eyes, to which Maggie narrowed her eyes. "Girl, you are so freakin' lucky. I'd kill to hang out with him. He's basically sex." She moaned the last part, throwing her head back. Paula and I burst out laughing.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I waved before taking a few steps back, turning around and walking towards the exit.

"Okay, and don't be surprised if I show up at your door!" Maggie yelled after me, along with Paula giggling like crazy.

I sat outside on a bench, waiting for my mother. She was taking forever. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she forgot to pick me up.

I sighed, catching the attention of Michael who was leaning on a pole near the door. "Oh hey, pretty girl."

I rolled my eyes. "You can stop calling me that, butthead."

He pouted his lips, taking a seat beside me. "I'm only speaking the truth," he winked.

"Ha-ha, very funny."

"No, you actually are really beautiful." He looked down at his lap, fiddling with his fingers. I giggled, shaking my head.

"Michael," I said. He lifted up his head to look at me. "Thank you."

"Yeah." He smiled. He was adorable.

We were having a friendly moment, or whatever you want to call it, and my mother now decides to beep her horn, driving up along the street.

"Um, that's my ride." I grinned nervously, waving. "See ya tomorrow."

He waved goodbye before I hopped into the car, greeting my mother as we made our way home.

-

"Spaghetti's cool, mom!" I shouted, running up to my room. I thought I would unpack some more while mother prepared dinner. 

I did a lot of work, and I had only a few boxes left. I didn't even bring much stuff along, anyways.

My room looked great, and I was satisfied as I flopped down on my bed, sighing.

After a small break, I finally finished my room. I went downstairs, seeing my mother eating a bowl of spaghetti while scrolling on her phone.

I narrowed my eyes. "Ugh, mom. You should've told me dinner was ready. I was hungry," I whined, plopping down on a stool. She pushed over a bowl of spaghetti.

"Sorry, sweets." She didn't look up from her phone. 

While I shoved my mouth with the delicious noodles, I scrolled through my phone as well. I checked my twitter, seeing that Paula, Maggie, Luke, Michael, Calum, a few other boys had followed me. Geez.

And I was most surprised to see Ashton had followed me. I swear, I almost choked.

I saw a bar at the top of my phone, a little ding went off and I had received a message. I clicked on it, and smirked when I noticed it was Luke he had texted me.

'Heeeeey, Ella :-) xx' Oh my goodness, he added kisses at the end. I was screaming on the inside.

After calming myself down, I decided to be a little flirty and sassy. Or I tried, at least.

'Miss me already, Hemmings? ;) xxx'

It was only a few minutes until he texted me back, and during that time I had finished my spaghetti and was watching Spongebob on the small tv in the living room.

'Oh, I definitely am. Can't wait for Friday ;-) xxxx'

I giggled when I saw he was adding more kisses than I was. I decided to let him win and just stuck with 4 x's. 

'Neither can I, what are you up to? :) xxxx'

He replied just seconds later, I hadn't even had time to glance back up at the tv.

'Eating toast, you? xxxx'

'Ew, toast? And i'm watching spongebob ;) xxxx'

':o, toast is amazing. and can i call? i like hearing your voice'

Oh god, yes, you can. "I like hearing your voice too," I whispered, giggling to myself. 

"What was that sweetie?" My mother shouted from the kitchen. How'd she hear me? Gosh.

"Oh, nothing!"

I texted back. 'Alright xxxx' Casual, simple.

My phone rang, quite loudly, if I might add. I raced upstairs as fast as I could before answering it. I closed the door. I slid down until I was sitting on the floor, my back pressed against the door. I clicked accept.

"Hello?" I heard his voice. 

"Uh, hi," I said, giggling. "So you missed me, huh?"

"What? Uh, no. Well, yeah, but, ya kno-"

"Alright, Luke." I let out a laugh, smiling like an idiot.

We discussed a bunch of different topics, and I learned so much more about him. He and Michael used to hate each other, he loves pizza (which he mentioned like 10 times), and a few other things.

It was 9 pm by the time we finished talking, we had been on the phone for over 3 hours, holy crap. "Um, Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"I should probably go to sleep." I frowned even though he couldn't see me.

"Aw," he whined. I giggled quietly enough so he couldn't hear me. "Sweet dreams, then." Something told me he was smiling. I smiled too.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite, Hemmings." I said, before hanging up the phone. I held the small object to my chest biting my lip, thinking about what just happened.

I shook my head grinning, standing up. I set my phone on my side table and turned off the lights. I was pitch black as I made my way to the bed, climbing in and snuggling up to my blankets.

I don't remember much as I fell asleep, but I remember thinking about Luke.