Chapter 15 -

( I am making it in present tense now, so for example it used to be "said" but now it will be "says" :) and I will fix the previous chapters to be that way later)

"Care to explain?" Ashton snaps, taking a step closer to me.

I shake my head furiously, staring back at him. "It isn't any of your business. Why are you even out in the hallway?"

"It isn't any of your business," he mocks. "Now what the hell was that?"

"Stay out of it, Ashton." I move to go around him but he grabs my wrists, pulling me to him. "Let me go," I hiss, shoving him away.

He rolls his eyes. "Whatever you want, princess," he says before stomping away.

Despite the circumstances, I can't help the flutter I feel when he calls me princess, even if he didn't mean it that way.

I can't even be bothered to finish up the school day, so I decide to skip the rest.

-

As I enter through the front door, I sigh in relief. I'm not even sure if I should tell my mother about the phone call, it was the first time though, and if he keeps calling I will mention it to her.

I go up to my bedroom to change into some spotted pajamas, and then I go back downstairs and make myself comfortable on the couch.

I flip on the television and scroll through all the channels, and finally I come upon a Grey's Anatomy marathon.

I don't even notice as the time slips away from me, and when I check my phone I see that it's now 4:18.

My mother won't be home until later, which saddens me slightly because ever since we arrived here we haven't gotten to hang out. I already lost my father, I don't want to lose my mother too.

I go over into the kitchen and rummage through the fridge, looking for something to eat. I find a yogurt in the way back and hope it isn't expired, thank goodness it isn't when I check the date.

I grab a spoon out of the drawers and sit down at the kitchen table. To pass the time I scroll through Twitter on my phone.

I click on Luke's profile, skimming over his tweets until I find one directed to someone named 'LaurieLol1347'.

I go to her profile and when I realize it isn't protected I look through all her pictures. I feel like an obsessed girlfriend, even though I wasn't ever Luke's girlfriend, I feel jealous he wants her over me.

This girl is definetely Lauren, the girl Paula and Maggie told me about. And she is so pretty. Her dirty blonde hair is at her shoulders, her blue eyes glisten in nearly every single photo, and she is much skinnier than I am.

I come across a picture of her and Luke, it looks like they're in an airport and his arm is around her waist, her hands on his chest and they are leaning into each other.

I sigh, putting my phone into my saggy pajama pocket, getting up. I throw away the remainder of the yogurt and the cup, I toss the spoon into the sink and go upstairs to my bedroom. I go into the connected bathroom and look through all the cupboards.

I find my bottle of melatonin and take two pills. That'll help me get to sleep, even though it's early.

(( hi guys I hope you liked the chapter, and by the way, melatonin is just a medicine that helps you sleep. Should I make the next chapter Thursday, or should we just skip to Friday? I'm sorry this chapter is so short :( I will update again later today!
Thank you guys for reading!))