Chapter 10 -

( Omg, the tenth chapter! I'm happy :-) )

School had been the norm the past week and it was pretty lame. I wish I lived in one of those movies where there was the popular girl, the popular guy, they fall in love.. That would be exciting.

But at least it was Friday, and I was going shopping with my best friends for Chase's party the next week.

Mom had given me a crap load of money, and who knows where it came from, at least it was money. I was going to look hot for this party.

"Here we are!" Paula parked in one of the spaces and we all climbed out, heading towards the shop. It was a fancy one and normally I wouldn't shop here, but I had money and I didn't have any special clothing at my house.

"Should I go for booty shorts or a dress?" Maggie asked. I rolled my eyes, only she would show up in booty shorts for a party.

"Hey! My boyfriend is going to be there and I was to dress to impress, ya know? Don't judge." She argued.

I raised my hands in surrender. "Okay, okay."

"I would go for a dress," Paula answered her. "You don't wanna be too out there."

"Right," Maggie nodded in agreement. "Let's all wear dresses then."

My eyes widened, I hardly ever wore dresses. "Um, guys?" They both looked to me and I pointed down at the clothes I was wearing. Ripped black jeans and a Blink-182 T-shirt. "I don't wear that kinda stuff."

"Well you do now!" Paula grabbed my hand, tugging me with them.

I was stuck with my two friends while they awed over sparkly and poofy dresses. "This is ridiculous," I murmured, quiet enough so only I could hear.

"Miss?" I turned around to be greeted by Harry, the guy who worked at the cafe.

"Oh hey Harry! You work here now?" He nodded.

"Can I help you ladies out?" He asked, clapping his hands. Maggie and Paula glanced over, shaking their heads at a rapid pace while pointing to me.

"She needs help," Maggie grinned.

"Well, come on then. I'll help you find the perfect dress." Harry smiled, leading me to a different rack of dresses. "What kind would you want to wear?"

"Something simple, but something that makes me look.." I searched for the right word.

"Sexy?" Harry asked.

"Well, yeah, I guess."

"Great, you go into that dressing room and I'll find some that I think you might like." He nodded over to a couple of dressing rooms.

I was sitting down on the bench in there when a dress flew over the door and landed on my head. "Try that one!" Harry hollered.

I sighed, standing up to undress myself. After I was naked I slipped on the dress and peered into the mirror. It looked horrifying. I had a good figure, yeah, but this dress was just, ew.

It was overly poofy, with red sparkles everywhere. It had two thick straps that were too tight on my shoulder and it had no back. It went just below my knee.

"C'mon out darling." Harry said from outside.

The dress was so tight that when I unlocked the door and stepped out, I had to waddle to wear Harry was. His eyes widened and his nose scrunched up in disgust. "Ew, ew no. I'll find a different one."

I nodded, returning to the room and taking it off. I hung it up on a hanger in there and Harry tossed me another one.

It was pretty, but it wasn't me. It was silver and it fit nicely, but it was too long. It went down to my ankles.

I stepped out and shook my head. "Harry? Can we just find like jeans or something? This is stupid."

"One more dress, and then if it doesn't work we'll move on to skirts." I sighed, leaving to take off the dress. This was tiring.

I hung it up with the last one and Harry threw the last one over.

This dress was perfect. It was tight, but not too tight. It was black and it was strapless with a not much of a back. It went to just above my mid thigh.

It would look even better if I straightened my hair and wore a dark shade of eye shadow, and maybe just a teeny bit of eyeliner.

I walked outside and Harry smiled. "It looks lovely." I nodded in agreement. I was definitely getting this one.

I went and took it off, and handed the other two to Harry. I met up with Paula and Maggie who had already paid and their dresses were gorgeous. Paula had a white dress that went to her knee with two straps. Maggie had a pink dress that was like Paula's but a different color.

I went to the check-out line and waited my turn. I bit my lip nervously as the lady scanned the dress. "Your total is 78.34."

I took out my wallet and handed her a hundred. After receiving the cash and grabbing the plastic bag that contained my dress, the girls and I went back to the car.

"Do you girls wanna have a movie night at my house?" Maggie asked. She lived right next door so I could just run over and ask my mom. Besides, it was a Friday so I figured she would be okay with it.

"Yeah, totally. Let me just call my mom." Paula said. We stayed parked until Paula had asked her mom over the phone. Her mom had said yes and so we drove home.

Paula and Maggie hopped out and went inside Mag's house, while I ran over quickly. Mom was home today, that was nice for a change.

"Hey sweets," she greeted me when I walked inside the front door. "How was your day?"

"Great, and can I sleep over at Maggie's house? She's right next door."

Mom nodded and glanced back over at the tv. I raced upstairs and sat the dress carefully on my wooden dresser and left to Maggie's house.

Michael answered the door. "Oh, hey Ella." He grinned.

"Hi Michael, can I come in? I'm having a sleepover with Maggie."

"What's the password?"

"Um," I pondered. "Is it pizza?" I smiled, because Maggie mentioned once that Michael was basically in love with pizza.

"Well, actually. It's a kiss," He smirked.

"Okay." I grinned. "Pucker up."

Michael fluttered his eyes shut and formed his pink lips into a kissy face.

I leaned closer, and closer, until I knew he could feel my breath against his lips. Just as he was about to dive in for a kiss I moved to the side and pecked him on the cheek.

I winked and shoved him aside, stepping inside the warm house. "Your welcome."

He rolled his eyes, closing the door quietly. "I'm gonna invite the boys over," he said before running upstairs. I followed up after him but went into Maggie's room instead.

"Hey girls," I smiled.

"Are you ready for a movie night?" Maggie asked, holding up an array of horror movies.

I nodded. "Totally."