Chapter 32 -

Finally, I muster up the strength to go to the sink, I wash my face and scrub my cheeks, but you can still see I've been crying. I sigh, shaking my head and wipe my face with a towel.

How did this happen? I thought Ashton was being nice, that he liked me. Did he use me? Was this a game to him? It probably was. I knew that Ashton was an asshole when I first met him, so I shouldn't have let it go so far.

My legs feel like jello as I return to the cafeteria, with only fifteen more minutes left until class. My tray is still by Ashton but it isn't even worth it, I'll just eat when I get home.

"Hi, guys," I say to Paula and Maggie, sitting down across from them.

"Ella, are you okay?" Maggie asks.

"No, no I'm not." I answer, and I quickly wipe away the tears before they fall. "Ashton and I did stuff last night, but it was all a lie," I whisper the last sentence. I can't have anyone overhear that I was with Ashton last night, it'd be horrible.

Maggie's eyes widen. "You didn't, um, cash in your V-card, did you?" She asks.

I'm surprised by her question, but I answer, "nope, thank goodness."

I rest my head in my hands, sighing. "I was so stupid," I mumble. "But at least I can learn from my mistakes, I guess."

- Ashton's POV

"You are such a dick, Luke, for making me do that," I growl, turning to Luke. Michael and Calum look confused, their eyes watching Luke and I.

"I liked her, I really did and now she hates me." I push my tray away and it collides with Ella's, I've lost my appetite.

"I'm sorry, Ashton, but I thought it was for her own good." Luke explains.

"You aren't sorry, Luke. I could be good for her, and I can," I tell him. "This is your fault."

"I'll talk to her, alright?" Luke says, putting his hands up as if to surrender. "After school, I'm going to my grandma's and Ella lives right next door, I'll talk to her then."

I sigh in relief. "Thank you, Luke. I hope I can fix this." I glance over at Ella's table and see her friends comforting her, she probably told them what a dick I am.

I get a peek at her face, and I see she's been crying.

- Ella's POV

The school day ends and I'm so thankful, I'm exhausted from today's events. I don't talk to my mother as I enter the house. I drop my backpack and my books on the kitchen counter, dig through the freezer for an ice cream pint, and run upstairs.

It's only when I'm right outside my bedroom door that I realize I've forgot a spoon, so I hurry back down, grab one, and go back upstairs to hide away in my room.

I change into Scooby Doo pajamas and crawl in bed, the pint in one hand and the spoon in the other.

I find my laptop underneath my bed and pull up Netflix. Ice cream and Netflix is a girl's best friend in times of a heartbreak.

I decide on Family Guy, and lay back in the bed. I watch episode after episode, shoveling spoonfuls of ice cream into my mouth. I don't cry, I'm pretty sure I don't have anymore tears left after earlier.

A knock at the door startles me. I pause the current episode and use my sleeve to wipe my mouth. "Come in," I call out.

The door creaks open and Luke steps inside. My mother must have let him in. He looks nervous.

"Luke, can I help you?" I mumble. "I'm kind of trying to avoid the world right now."

"Why?" He asks, sitting down on the other side of the bed.

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "After today, why wouldn't I? You saw what happened." I swallow down a spoonful of the creamy vanilla ice cream.

"About that . . ." He mumbles. "I told Ashton to do that because I was worried he'd hurt you, but I realize now that it was wrong and I'm sorry."

He says the last sentence very quickly and it takes me a moment to register what he said.

"You asshole," I say. "I was sobbing in the bathroom because of that, I felt like my heart was shattering into a million little pieces, and I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to leave that bathroom!" I shout.

"I'm sorry, Ella!" Luke apologizes. "I was wrong and I'm so, so sorry."

"I forgive you," I say, and he sighs in relief. "But I won't forget this. Please leave."

He stands up and walks to the door, pulling it open. He turns back around and looks at me. "You'll forgive Ashton, right?"

"I don't know," I answer, shrugging. "What he said was really hurtful, and he could've chose not to do that, but he did. He gave in too easily."

"He's really sorry," Luke says, and then he turns around and leaves the room.

I let out a frustrated groan and lay back down. I don't know what to do.

I really like Ashton, and when he isn't a dick he's sweet, and caring. But when he's like he was earlier . . .

And I have to forgive Luke, it's almost like I have no choice. He's one of my best friends, and I'm comfortable around him.

I conjure up a plan.

I'll sit with Ashton and the other boys tomorrow, and I'll have to talk to Ashton. My heart rate speeds up just thinking about it.

"Whatever," I mutter. I place the the half empty ice cream pint on my bedside table, turn off my computer, and set it on the floor.

I pull the covers further over my body and close my eyes. It's early, but I'm so tired and I could use some sleep.

-

I hope you guys liked the chapter and thank you for reading ! :)