Chapter 45 -

"Ella! Girls!" My mother shouts, disrupting Paula, Maggie, and I's sleep. "Homecoming today! Time to get up and get ready!"

I groan and flip over in my bed. Paula and Maggie took the floor, even though I offered to let them have the bed.

Yawning, I sit up with my eyes still closed. When I open them it takes a moment to adjust to the bright light but I see Paula and Maggie grabbing stuff from their bags.

"What, what are you doing?" I mumble sleepily, standing up and stretching my arms above my head.

"Crap, Ella, you look like shit in the morning," Maggie gasps, Paula giggling at my appearance.

I walk to them, which happens to be in front of my dresser, and catch a glance of myself in the mirror. My hair is frizzy and sticking up everywhere, dark circles are prominent beneath my arms, my lips dry and cracked.

"Damn, I do look like shit," I say. "I'm gonna go shower, you two can grab breakfast downstairs and I'll join you after."

"'Kay," Paula says, heading out of my bedroom, Maggie trailing close behind.

I grab a clean towel from the closet in the hallway and walk to the bathroom. I allow the water to warm up before I strip and hop in.

I use my favorite shampoo and conditioner which smells amazing, a scent I know Ashton adores. My body wash soothes and makes my skin feel soft like a baby's.

As I step out, I wrap the towel around my body and dry it off. Next, I dry my hair as best as I can with the towel. I change into a fresh pair of pajamas and go downstairs to join my friends.

With pancakes that my mother prepared sitting  in front of them, Paula and Maggie are eating quickly, gobbling up the fluffy, light pancakes. They're talking, too, about Chase.

"He's a dick," I say, walking in. I slide two large pancakes on a paper plate and drizzle a small amount of syrup over top. I sit down across from them, continuing, "don't waste your words on him."

"He did cheat, though. I was right," Maggie says, frowning slightly. "He was just so nice, I thought maybe he would've been the one, I guess. I'm naive, foolish," Maggie rambles.

"It's not always a happy ending," I tell Maggie, trying to comfort her. I realize I'm doing a horrible job as she glances up at me with an angry expression. God, it seems like we've been fighting more lately, and I hate it more than anything.

"And you think Ashton and yourself will be perfect in the end?" Maggie sneers, shaking her head slowly. "It's Ashton Irwin, sweetie. He's probably never going to go to college, and he'll probably be living in that damn trailer park the rest of his sad life."

"Maggie," I murmur, narrowing my eyebrows. I see Paula from the corner of my eye watching us like a scared puppy. "Don't fucking speak of him that way."

"I can speak of him however I fucking want to."

"Shut up!" Paula interrupts our argument. "Seriously, you guys are bitching so much recently, I'm really sick of it."

"Sorry," Maggie mumbles, casting her gaze down at her half-eaten pancakes. "I was rude, I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I sigh. Looking around the room briefly, seeing that the kitchen door is shut and my mother isn't around, I let them in on last night.

"I cashed in my V-card!" I say quickly, and I watch as their eyes widen and their jaws drop.

"You, you had sex with Ashton?" Paula gasps.

"Holy shit," Maggie breathes, "that's serious."

"Yeah," I mumble, running a hand through my damp hair.