Chapter 38 -

It's about nine in the morning when I fall asleep, and I wake up at noon with some pounding at my door. "Honey? Sweetie!" My mother shouts.

"What?" I grumble, shoving the covers off and walking sleepily to the bedroom door. I tug it open and my mother gasps as she takes in the sight of me.

I realize I forgot to change last night and wipe my make up, so there I stand with black mascara smeared around my eyes, gloss around my lips. My hair is messy, and my dress is wrinkled. The only thing I bothered to take off was my shoes.

"You look horrible, sweetie," my mother says, a frown on her face.

"Gee, mom, thanks. I was sleeping, and I'm going to continue, alright?" I tell her.

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry about last night," she starts, but I close the bedroom door and lock it. Now that I've been woken up, I'm wide awake.

I walk to my drawer and use a cleansing pad to wipe away all the make up, I brush through my hair and go to my closet. I strip out of the wrinkled dress and change into leggings and a t-shirt. Next, I slip on my running shoes.

I rummage through some boxes to find a loose piece of paper and something to write with. I scribble on the paper with a pen, 'Sleeping, Do Not Disturb.' I find a roll of tape in the box and tape the paper to the outside of my bedroom door.

I lock it again, and carefully and quietly slide the window up. I use my foot to kick off the screen, and then unravel the emergency window ladder my mother purchased when we moved here.

Taking a deep breath, I shut my eyes carefully and climb down the ladder. I've always been uncomfortable with heights, and as the ladder swings back and forth my breath hitches.

Thankfully I make it down safely, and I start running to the trailer park as fast as I can.

-

I pound on the door with my fist, hard, and after a few brief moments the door swings open. "What the fuck?" Ashton's sleepy voice is raspy, he's shirtless with only boxers on.

I step forward and wrap my arms around his chest. "My mom was being evil, I needed to come see you."

He places one hand on my back and steps away from the door, closing it quietly behind him. He lifts me up in his arms and carries me to his bed. After setting me down carefully, he lays down beside me. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine," I sigh, snuggling into his pillow. "Can I wear something of yours?" I ask hesitantly. I almost expect him to lash out at me, but he only smiles, stands up, and walks to his closet to rummage through it.

He returns and hands me one of his t-shirts. I sit up and slide mine off, turn away so my back is facing Ashton, and then I remove my bra. I toss it across the room and quickly slide on his shirt.

When I turn around, his eyes are staring into mine, his pupils dilated. I smile and gulp nervously, running a hand through my hair, attempting to look sexy. Unfortunately, that attempt doesn't work. When I gulp, I somehow choke and I can't breathe.

Ashton's eyes widen and he rushes to get me something to drink, while I'm sitting on his bed coughing and hacking, unable to catch a breath.

He hands me a glass of water and I chug it down in a hurry, sighing in relief when I'm able to take a deep breath. "You okay?" Ashton chuckles nervously, sitting down beside me.

"Yes," I answer. "What do you want to do, after that, um, accident?" I ask.

"I have an idea," he says, grinning. He leans in towards me and presses his lips to mine. He lays me back on the bed and holds his body up above mine.

His hands are running all over my body, my brain is jumbled with thoughts and words I want to say.

When his hand slips underneath my panties, my back arches and a word that causes Ashton to shrink away slips from my mouth.

"Daddy," I moan, my fists clenching the sheet. But my eyes open when I don't feel Ashton's lips on my neck anymore, or his hand in my panties.

I sit up on my elbows, my gaze falling on Ashton, who's sitting in the corner of the bed. His pupils are dilated, his hair is in a mess and he's taking deep breaths. I also notice the bulge in his boxers, but I return my gaze to his eyes.

"I'm sorry," I speak. I sit up fully and pull my knees to my chest.

"Who the fuck told you?" He growls. "Was it Calum? Oh my fuck, I bet it was Luke."

"No one told me anything!" I try to calm him down. I decide to come clean, because the last thing I need is to get one of the other boys in trouble. "Remember when I told you I had a dream, that late night at my house?"

"Yeah," he says, nodding.

"I dreamt about you. And I called you, um, daddy."

Ashton's frown slowly lifts into a smile, and then he starts laughing hysterically. He snorts, and then falls over on the bed. "Stop it!" I whine. "You're making fun of me."

"No," he says, exasperated. He sits up and grins at me. "It just reminds me of something."

"Something?" I raise an eyebrow.

"When I was a freshman, like you, I was sleeping over at Luke's house with Cal and Mikey. I had a dream, too. The boys found out about the whole daddy sex thing, and I made them promise to never tell," he explains.

"Did you ever use the thing with a girl?" I ask.

"You mean this thing?" He says, looking down at the bulge in his pants.

"No!" I laugh. "Did a girl ever call you daddy?" It feels strange being so comfortable talking about this with Ashton, but I like it.

"No, but I'd imagine it in my head sometimes," he admits.

"I'm glad we covered that then." I lay back down and pull the covers over my body.

"You don't want to, like..." He starts, and I laugh nervously.

"No, no. Not tonight. That conversation wore me out," I answer, closing my eyes.

"Fine," he says, laying down beside me. "Goodnight then, baby girl."

"Goodnight," I mumble, closing my eyes.

-

I'm so horrible holy crap I haven't updated in forever. :( I'm sorry.

But I hope you liked the chapter, and thank you for reading! :)