Chapter 17 -

When Paula pulls up to the party, I peer out the window and gasp.

The house is enormous. It's packed with people, inside and out. Loud music is blaring through multiple stereos. People are even sleeping outside on the sidewalk.

"Woo!" Maggie squeals, grinning like a fool. "I'm going to find Chase!" She climbs out of the car, and Paula and I hurry out after her. Surely there are lots of drunk people here, and a few must have bad intentions.

We pile in through the front door that was already left open, and we shove through crowds of people in order to find the host.

Chase appears behind Maggie, wrapping his arms around her waist and whispering something in her ear. Looks like the host found us first.

Maggie smiles and nods, but turns to us. Chase takes notice too and waves to Paula and I. "Beer is in the fridge, we have a shitload of it so don't be afraid to get wasted!" He laughs and Maggie playfully whacks him on the shoulder.

Chase drags Maggie up the stairs and Paula and I glance at each other, a sneer on our faces. I shake my head and say, "I hope she doesn't do anything too inappropriate."

She shrugs. "I don't know, I might have some fun tonight." She giggles. "It is a party after all, you are single now as well so you should find a hottie!"

I bite my lip, shaking my head. "I don't know. Let's go to the kitchen and get a drink."

Paula and agrees and we set out to find the kitchen. It takes a while, but when we find it it looks horrible. Empty and full cans of beer are scattered on the countertops and on the floor.

I reach into the small fridge and pull out two cold cans of beer, handing one to Paula. I snap the tab on mine, and it makes a hissing sound.

I hesitantly put the can up to my glossed lips, tilting it back and taking a swig. I cough afterwards and the taste is putrid, but moments later I find myself yearning for more of the bitter liquid.

I look around for Paula but I don't see her, and I assume she went to find a boy toy. I know Paula isn't usually like this, but maybe this could be good for her, letting loose a little.

I frown and walk out of the kitchen, my beer in hand. I climb up the stairs and lean on the rail, looking down at my fellow classmates. I take a sip of my beer and close my eyes, taking a breath. I can feel the alcohol taking its effect on me already.

"Not your scene, huh?" I look over and see Ashton standing beside me.

"No," I respond, shaking my head. I take another sip of my beer before turning my body towards him.

He bites his lip, his eyes wandering over my appearance. I feel self conscious until his eyes look back up to mine.

"You look hot." He mumbles, so quietly I almost miss it.

I nod, taking a drink. He grabs my hand suddenly, dragging me away. "Ashton!" I squirm in his grasp.

He puts a finger up to his mouth and shushes me, his eyebrows narrowed. "Some of my friends and I are playing a game, just c'mon," he hisses, entering one of the bedrooms.

We sit down in a circle of boys and girls, and a guy with long brown hair scowls and points to me. "Who is that?" He asks Ashton.

Ashton glances over to me. "It's Emma, right?"

I shake my head. "Ella," I scoff.

He nods, and directs his gaze on the rude boy. "This is Ella. Ella, this is Zack." He nods over to a girl with short green hair who smiles at me. I grin back. "That's Gwen." Lastly, he points over to a girl with curly brown locks, and a guy who has his arm slung over her shoulder. "That's Stacy and her boyfriend, Jace."

After all the introductions, Gwen claps her hands together and smirks at everyone. "Let's play truth or dare!"

I groan mentally, this game sucks. Last time I played I got my cheek licked and I kissed Ashton, although the latter isn't so bad.

"Alright," Gwen starts. "Jace, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Have you and Stacy fucked yet?" I have to bite my lip in order to muffle my laughter, and Ashton smacks my shoulder to get me to shut up.

Jace looks down at Stacy and she nods. "Yeah, we have," he responds.

Gwen laughs. "My turn," Jace says. "Zack, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to touch Gwens boobs." What the hell? This game is terrible, it's all sexual, nothing else. I shouldn't have come here.

Sure enough, Zack reaches across the circle and touches Gwen, she squeals and I roll my eyes. Zack pulls away blushing profusely.

"New girl," Zack smirks.

"It's Ella," I murmur.

"Ella," he corrects himself. "Truth or dare?"

"Um, dare."

"Go into the closet with Ashton for ten minutes." He grins. I whine, but Ashton stands up and pulls me after him and into a walk in closet.

I sigh, looking anywhere but Ashton.

"Ella?"

My head snaps up, looking at him. "What?" I snap.

He takes a step closer to me, and I press my back up against the door. He continues on closer until his body is against mine and his minty breath is warm on my face.

We stay like that for a few seconds before he finally smashes his lips onto mine, his tongue running along my bottom lip. I open my mouth to give him access and his tongue tangles with mine.

"Dear god," he mumbles, thrusting his hips against me, also causing the door slam.

My hands find there way to his hair, tugging and pulling, which earns a groan from him. My first instinct is to pull away, thinking I am maybe hurting him, but when he squishes up against me even more I keep my hands there.

I feel my whole body heating up, and all I want is more.

I remove my hands and run them down his chest, to the hem of his shirt. I slide my hand underneath the t-shirt and wandering all over his chest.

Suddenly the door whips open, causing me to fall and Ashton to fall on top of me.

I look up and meet eyes with Zack, who smirks and says, "you guys have been in there for 15 minutes."

I blush and push Ashton off of me, standing up and stumbling out and into the hallway.

-