Chapter 16 -

Thursday was the usual, except it consisted of Ashton sending me dirty looks and pushing me in the shoulder in the hallways. He doesn't even know my name, let alone what happened in America, it isn't any of his business and he doesn't need to be such an asshole.

The party at chases house is tonight, and in America I never, ever, went to parties. It just isn't my scene. But I want to satisfy my friends, so I will make an exception.

I get out of bed yawning, I toss the blankets off of my body and stand up, walking over to my closet.

Paula mentioned that almost the whole school would be there, and even though there isn't a lot of people at this school, I need to impress.

I slip on my casual clothing, black skinny jeans and a band t shirt. I finish with my converse.

As for my hair and make up, I brush through my hair and use light make up, tonight I will go all out and surprise everyone.

I overslept just a little bit, so I skip breakfast and go to school so I can discuss the plans for tonight with Paula and Maggie.

"Hi girls," I greet them after grabbing what I need from my locker. They turn around and smile, but not before Ashton passes with Michael and Calum. He nudges my shoulder, hard. I glare at him.

"Hi Ella," they reply. They eye my outfit up and down, and Paula asks if I'm going to wear that to the party tonight.

"No way," I say, chuckling. "I was actually wondering if you guys would help me get ready at my house, we can all get ready there, and then we can head out together?"

"Yeah!" Maggie smiles at me. Paula agrees.

I nod and the bell rings. We all part ways to go to class.

-

"Ms. Venture?" Mr. Quint asks. I raise my head, opening my eyes wider. I think I almost fell asleep.

At least it's the last class of today.

"Do you have the answer?" He goes on. I sigh, shaking my head.

"What's the question?" People laugh around me.

"Well. The ques-" Mr. Quint starts but he is cut off when the bell rings. I cheer quietly to myself that I don't need to answer it, and jump out of my seat.

Just as I reach the door I hear Mr. Quint yelling behind me that I will answer it tomorrow, and I just shrug in reply.

I meet the girls by their lockers and we put away our books, Maggie goes over to Chase to make sure she has the correct address, and then we start walking home.

Paula stops at her house to grab her make up and her dress, and Maggie does the same. By the time we reach my home it's 3:56 and we don't have a lot of time.

"When do we have to get there?" Paula asks.

"About 9:30," Maggie answers. We go up to my room and get everything ready for when we need it, and then go back downstairs and watch tv until it is 6:30.

"We need to start," Maggie tells us, and Paula and I nod in agreement.

Paula and I do Maggie first so she can look amazing for Chase, and then we move on to Paula.

We have her slip on her dress and I zip it up for her, careful not to get her long brown hair stuck in the zipper.

"We are going to make you look great!" Maggie assures Paula. Paula nods, biting her lip. She is obviously nervous, but I don't know why. We would never do anything to embarrass her.

We do her make up and keep it simple but hot. We style her hair so it's in a tight bun, and it completes her look.

"Oh my goodness!" Maggie squeals. "You look so sexy, Paula! We are going to have to fend off the boys!"

"I agree," I chime in. Paula really does look great.

"Thanks guys!" Paula blushes, but then she straightens out and smirks at me. "Your turn, princess." The name she calls me reminds me of Ashton. I bet he will be at the party.

I strip down to my bra and panties and make sure Paula and Maggie look away as I slide on the sleek, black dress. It has a low neckline and shows not too much cleavage, but it isn't too conservative. It is a party after all.

I allow the girls to turn around and Maggie zips me up. "You look so pretty already," Paula tells me. I blush and thank her.

"Now sit down!" Paula orders in a playful tone. I giggle and position myself on the chair in front of the dresser and mirror.

They don't let me look as they smear some creamy liquid on my face, and they assure me they won't add too much. Next they put some powder to set it and work on my eyes.

After that they murmur something about my eyebrows, and finally they let me look. "Oh my," I say, smiling as I look into the mirror.

I hardly recognize myself. I'm in a dress, a tight one at that, I have make up on.

The make up looks great, it has a small layer of foundation and concealer to cover up my dark circles, and eyeshadow that is a little dark but not too much. My eyebrows look nice, too.

"Sit back down," Paula whines. "We haven't done your hair yet."

I do as they ask and don't look as they do something with my hair.

When they are done my hair is curled slightly, enough to give it a wave, and it cascades down my shoulders.

"You're such a babe!" Maggie grins, eyeing me up and down. She looks over to Paula and says, "we did a good job."

Paula nods and checks the time on her phone. "We had better get going guys, it's 9:03."

Maggie gasps and runs out of the room, well, as fast as she can in heels.

Paula leaves to and I struggle to get my black heels on. I manage and go down after them.

I have never worn heels before except at my grandmothers funeral, but the heels were short than these ones.

They make a click clack sound as I rush down the stairs.

"Guys, wait for me!" I call out as I see they are already in the car, Paula is in the drivers seat and Maggie is in the passenger.

I climb into the backseat as Paula starts the car. Maggie gives her the address and she pulls out of the driveway, making her way to Chase's house.