Chapter 8 -

It was Sunday and I was pretty pissed about having to go back to school tomorrow. Who wouldn't be? I hated school. It sucked, big time. Sure, nice kids, nice teachers. But I had to spend seven hours getting yelled at or doing work. And that wasn't fun.

Mother had gone out again, and I had decided to ask her about her going out all the time when she comes back.

I was home alone and I was lonely. So I rang up Luke. It was might have been a really stupid idea, but it sounded great at the time. "Luke?" I asked when he picked up.

"Oh hey, Ella! What's up?"

"I was home alone cause my mom's out until like 8 o'clock tonight and I was lonely and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? At my house?"

"Um, sure. You live right next to my grandma, right?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, see ya in a few."

"Bye." And then I hung up. I checked the time on my phone and it was only 11:13 so we had almost the whole day. Mom explained she was going to go search for jobs, yeah right.

I looked down at my attire and freaking panicked when I finally noticed I was wearing pink hello kitty pajamas. "Shit," I said, climbing up the stairs.

I went for a quick casual look because we were just going to be hanging out at the house. Speaking of hanging out at the house.. would mom like that? Probably not, but she doesn't know.

I threw on some yoga pants, because yes, they made my ass look great. And a t-shirt that had a baseball symbol on it. I used to be big on sports in America, but here, I don't think so. I only did it because my dad wanted it and he isn't here anymore.

After slipping on some socks I went back downstairs and waited by the door, pacing back and forth. I had never had a guy over before, what if I scared Luke off? I didn't want to do that.

The doorbell went off and I stumbled to the door in a hurry to answer it. "Oh, hey Luke," I smiled, brushing a few stray strands of hair out of my face.

"Hi," he grinned.

"You can come in, and just sit on the couch. We can watch netflix, unless you wanted to do something else."

He smirked. "Eager?" He chuckled. I raised my eyebrows, completely oblivious. And then I realized. 'unless you wanted to do something else.'

I face-palmed. "God, no. I didn't mean it like that." I laughed, letting him come inside. I led him to the small living room where we both sat on the couch.

I handed him the remote letting him choose. He picked out Mean Girls. "Ugh, I love this movie." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Me too," he said, slowly wrapping his arm around my shoulders, pulling me in. "So, just a question, but why are you home alone?"

"My mom has been out a lot recently, I don't know why. Lotta excuses," I explained, drawing shapes on my thigh.

"My mom too, I don't know why either. It's weird. I think she might be seeing someone, I mean she's single, so why not I guess."

"I don't think my mother would be seeing someone," I shook my head. I shuddered at the thought. Dad was in prison but they were still married.

"You never know."

-

Luke had a stupid idea to watch the Conjuring after we finished Mean Girls. We were at the part where the mother was possessed and stuff, trying to kill her daughter.

"Luke!" I shrieked, grabbing onto his shoulder and hiding my face in his chest. I whacked him on the head when he laughed. "You idiot! Why this movie?"

"Because I figured you'd get scared and have a reason to cuddle with me," he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes, sitting up straight. "Sure, pretty boy."

"Don't call me that."

"Make me."

That's how Luke ended up on top of me. If you listened in on my mind at that time, it would be endless screaming. I'd never had a boy over, let alone have a boy on top of me at my house.

"Ella." He murmured, staring at me.

"Luke."

He rolled his eyes, leaning in for a kiss. I turned my head at just the right moment so he lips kissed my jaw instead.

"Even better," he said against my skin. His lips kissed all over. Well, not all over. But on my neck, on my jawline.

I was pretty sure I would have a panic attack if he continued that, so I grabbed his face and pulled it up, kissing him on the lips.

His hands moved down to my waist, rubbing gently. I had no clue what the hell I was supposed to be doing with my hands, so I just wrapped them around his neck, occasionally moving them down to his back.

His tongue ran along my lower lip and I parted my lips, giving his access.

God, kissing Luke was tongue was fucking great. Wait, that sounded way better in my head. I mean, it was nice.

"Eleanor Madison Ventue!"

I shoved Luke off, him landing on the other side of the couch. He stood up, taking one glance at my fuming mother before scurrying off to the front door, giving me a wave, and leaving.

I remained on the couch. I ran my hand through my hand and sat up, trying to act cool. "Oh, hey mom. I see your back early." It was only like 6:34.

"And I see your playing tongue hockey with boys," she snapped, her hands on her hip. "You are too young!"

"Mom, I'm 15! Besides, why are you always out? Why can't I have a life but you can lie to me and make up excuses!"

"That is not of your business!" She yelled. I hated fighting with my mother but this was so stupid. It wasn't like I was doing anything else other than kissing Luke. It was just kissing. With tongue.

But nothing else.

"I'm going upstairs," I shook my head, getting off the couch and heading up to my room. I avoided eye contact with my mom.

"We will talk about this in this in the morning!"