Chapter 26 -

"I wanna watch Mean Girls," Luke huffs, crossing him arms and glaring at everyone.

"We just watched it!" Paula points out. And it's true, we literally just had it on.

"So? There's always time for Mean Girls." Luke whines.

"You know what? Fine, just put it on," Paula rolls her eyes and throws the remote at Luke, it just misses his face and instead hits his shoulder.

"Fuck you, Paulie!" Luke growls, rubbing his shoulder.

Paula gasps. "It's Paula, douche."

I let out a sigh and stand up from the chair I shared with Ashton. "I'm going to the kitchen for food, this sleepover sucks ass. Just choose a damn movie!" I shout.

When I reach the kitchen the silence is comforting, not having to hear Luke and Paula bickering is nice.

"You okay?" Ashton asks. I look up and see him leaning against the archway.

"Yeah." I answer, running a hand through my hair. "I just need food." Opening the fridge, I reach in and grab an apple.

I feel a pair of lips brush against my neck. I close my eyes, biting my lip. "Ashton," my voice shakes when I say his name. "No." I step away from him.

"Sorry," he mumbles, leaving the kitchen.

"Me too."

-

Paula convinced Luke to put on the Titanic, and currently Maggie was crying into Calum's shirt.

The audio was blasting throughout the house, the volume at it's highest.

"I'll never let go Jack," Rose cries, just before she lets his body sink into the ocean. Luke uses the sleeve of his shirt to dab at his eyes, and Michael sits beside him with a smug look, staring at the screen.

I'm still stuck next to Ashton, but to be honest, it isn't that bad. He keeps his hand to himself and my head leans on his shoulder.

I lean further into Ashton, trying to tell him it's okay to move around, and he seems to catch it. He slowly and cautiously wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me towards him.

Paula sends us both a suspicious glare, and Luke smiles happily. "I totally ship it," he says, Calum laughing.

"Shut up," I mutter. I hear Ashton say something under his breath, but I can't understand it.

"This is boring," Maggie whines. "Can we do something else?"

"I agree," Michael complains.

"Let's play hide and seek!" Luke exclaims. Calum perks up at this idea, nodding at Luke.

"That's such a child game," I tell him. But Luke is set on hide and seek, so I just go with it.

"Alright, we need teams." Michael says. "I'm with Luke. Calum, Paula and Maggie are a team, and Ashton can be with Ella."

"I want to hide!" Luke exclaims.

"Us too," Ashton chimes in, raising his hand.

"That leaves Calum and the girls to find us," Luke says. "Now you three, shut your eyes and count for a minute!"

Calum pouts but covers his eyes, along with Paula and Maggie. Luke and Mikey run off somewhere to hide, and Ashton glances down at me.

"This is your house," he whispers, only for me to hear. I nod and take his hand, dragging him upstairs. I hear Calum yell that we have thirty seconds.

I show Ashton the extra bedroom and we sneak into the closet. It's so small, I can feel Ashton's breath on my face. Luckily it's too dark for him to notice the blush on my cheeks.

"Ready or not, here we come!" Maggie screams, and I hear footsteps running around downstairs. I hear Luke screaming, and me and Ashton giggle as we know they've been caught.

After a few minutes, the bedroom door creaks open and my breath hitches. I can't seem to stop giggling, and Ashton glares, clamping his hand down onto my mouth.

"Be quiet," he shushes me.

"Sorry," I whisper.

Ashton removes his hand and instead places it on my back. It's dark in the small closet, but light enough that I can see Ashton leaning down.

I stand up on my tiptoes and rest my hand on his cheek. His lips meet mine and I sink into the kiss, our lips moving in sync.

This time it isn't rushed or sloppy, it's slow and passionate.

I feel like my heart could leap out of my chest and my legs could give way and I'd fall to the floor, but that goes away as I feel more comfortable and confident.

I lean towards Ashton and hear a thud as his back hits the wall, he chuckles, smiling against my lips.

Paula shouts from somewhere in the house, "We surrender!" And I pull away from Ashton.

We step out the closet together, and I can see his face is red, but I'm sure mine is the same.

I greet the three of them in the hallway, Ashton standing close behind me. "We were hiding in the closet," I tell them.

"God, Calum. I told you to look in there!" Maggie snaps.

"My bad," Calum shrugs.

"Can we go back to watching movies?" Luke suggests, and Michael sighs in relief.

"Yes please," Paula says.

Back in the living room, I don't hesitate to sit beside Ashton. Calum convinces Luke to turn on Bad Grandpa, and it has us all cracking up in a few minutes.

"This is nice," Luke grins, snuggling up to Michael. Paula goes into the kitchen to find food with Maggie, and Calum is in a fit of laughter over the movie.

"I'm tired," Luke says, yawning.

"Me too," Michael nods.

"It is getting kinda late," Calum agrees, stretching his arms above his head. Paula and Maggie don't say anything, they're passed out on the carpet with a bag of chips.

"I could sleep," Ashton says. When Luke looks at me for an answer I nod, standing up.

"Let's sleep," I say. "Ashton and Cal can sleep in the guest bedroom.

"Actually," Calum bites his lip, a blush taking over his cheeks. "I sleep naked, can I have the room to myself?" He asks.

"Uh, yeah. Sure," I say. "Ashton can just sleep down here, is that okay?" I look to Ashton and he nods.

"Luke and Mikey can sleep in my mother's room, but you have to make the bed in the morning so she won't notice anything," I tell them. "Paula and Maggie can sleep in my room."

"Sounds good," Luke yawns, taking Michael's hand. "Let's go to sleep."

-