Chapter 53 -

My eyes glance down to Calum's lips - full, soft, and I would not mind having them pressed against mine. "I have one rule," I say shakily.

"Which is?"

"I cannot have sex with you." Kissing Calum would be okay, making out with him would be okay, any sexual favors would be a little bit out of my limit. But if I try having sex with him, I'm pretty sure I'd end up crying, and that would not be pleasuring for either of us.

Calum nods quickly and takes the final step, leaning in the last inch and connecting our lips. He tastes like chocolate, most likely from the ice cream, and I moan into the kiss, allowing his tongue to sneak past my lips.

Breaking away, I swiftly slide over the seats so I'm sitting on his lap, my back pressed against the steering wheel. Our lips connect for a brief moment before we both pull away, breathless.

I grab my ice cream and spoon and he grabs his, and while seated in his lap, we quietly eat. Our eyes meet awkwardly every once in a while. I hate the tenseness. So I do the only thing I can think of at the moment. I get a spoonful of my cookie dough ice cream and fling it at his face. It lands on his nose and drips down until he catches it in mouth.

He cocks an eyebrow, shooting a spoonful of chocolate ice cream at my face. We break into laughter and I shriek as his tongue licks it off my cheek. I can't stop laughing, and I didn't think I could laugh this hard with anyone.

I dip my finger into my ice cream and wipe it on his cheek, only to press an open-mouthed kiss to it and lick it away. I've never licked anyone's face before but Calum's skin doesn't taste like anything, so I don't mind.

He laughs and pushes me back so I accidentally beep the horn with the impact and I lean into him, laughing into his shoulder.

"Calum, I don't want to go home tonight," I say after a moment of silence.

"My parents are away for the weekend, my sister is off visiting a friend. You can come to mine." He smiles and I don't hesitate to return it.

"I'm so tired," I sigh.

"Did you expect it? I mean, what Ashton did?" He asks.

I ponder the question. "Well, there were always rumors flying around that he would cheat on me eventually. I guess I just thought we were so in love he would never dare."

"I wasn't in love with Eva. But I liked her," he mumbles. "I really did." He shovels more ice cream into his mouth. He sets his pint down and I do the same, shifting around so that my back is leaned against the door and my legs are resting on the passenger seat, my head laid back on the window. "Are you going to forgive him?" Calum stares down at me and I gulp, biting my lip.

"I don't. . . Know. I was really happy with him. But in a split second, he breaks my heart. He keeps secrets and he lies, he cheats. I don't give a fuck if we weren't official when he slept with Eva. He cheated. He would've been pissed if I slept with someone else!"

Calum nods. "She told me she was a virgin," he scoffs. "Just a day earlier she was in bed with him." He closes his eyes and shakes his head. "That's just disgusting."

"Why did they sleep together?"

"I don't know. There must be a reason, right?" I nod. "Call Ashton and ask him."

My eyes widen. "What? No! You call Eva."

"Hell no! You guys were more serious."

I roll my eyes, grabbing my phone from the passenger seat. "Fine." I scroll through my contacts until I find Ashton's. "I'll put him on speaker. Just don't say anything, okay?"

The phone only rings for two times before I hear his voice and it hits me like a boulder in the chest. "Ella! Baby, please come back. I'm so sorry."

"Don't call me baby," I snap. "We... We aren't together anymore." I hear a sniffle on the other line and I tense. "Are you crying, Ashton?"

"I love you so much, Ella. You have to forgive me. You have to believe how sorry I am. It meant nothing."

"You knew what you were doing the minute you got in bed with her. I only called because I want to know why."

"I want to know where you are. Who are you with?" He asks, completely ignoring my request.

"I'll tell you once you answer me. Why did you sleep with Eva?"

Ashton groans and I hear him sigh. "Because she didn't want it to hurt when she had sex with Calum."

I glance over at Calum and he raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"She didn't want to disappoint him. That's all, really, and she kept begging me to take her virginity. We weren't together then, like, officially, and honestly, I didn't think you'd find out."

"Wow, okay. So you never planned to tell me you screwed a girl a week before you screwed me?"

He sighs over the phone. "No. There are your answers. Can I please have mine?"

"I'm in Calum's car eating ice cream with him."

"You're with Calum? You haven't done anything with him, have you?"

I look over at Calum and he shrugs. I want to be honest. I don't want to lie. I don't want to be like Ashton. "I kissed him."

"What!" He shouts.

"And licked his face," I say hurriedly. "But it's okay! He licked mine."

"That doesn't make it any better," Ashton sniffs. "Why would you do that, Ella?"

"Oh, like how you had sex with Eva?"

Ashton grumbles something I can't understand. "Are you at least safe?"

"Obviously she's safe," Calum growls, rolling his eyes.

"Fuck you, Calum!" Ashton hollers.

"Yeah, fuck you, too, man. I'm tired, Ella, can we head to mine now?"

I hear Ashton yelling but I can't make out anything he's saying. "Ashton, we aren't going to do anything," I say, and he calms down.

"Goodbye, Ashton."

"Ella, wait-" but I hang up the phone and shut it off.

I crawl back over to the passenger seat and the car ride to Calum's house is quiet. Calum instructs me to where his room is once we're inside. It's cozy and very homey.

"I've put all the leftover ice cream pints in the freezer," Calum explains, stepping inside his bedroom and closing the door.

I really don't want to wear my dress to bed so I have no other option except to ask Calum for some spare clothes. "Calum, could I borrow sweatpants and t-shirts of yours maybe?"

"No problem," he says, smiling. He rummages through a wooden dress before handing me a pair of black joggers and a plain gray tee.

He directs me towards a bathroom in which I change. When I return to the bedroom Calum is laying in bed, the covers covering up to his waist and he's shirtless, scrolling through his phone. He looks up and must notice my uncomfortable expression. "Don't worry, I have sweatpants on," he chuckles.

I laugh softly and pad over to the bed, crawling beneath the covers. I feel Calum's body move closer to mine but I can't see his face, my back is towards him.

"You don't care if I, y'know. . . I'm just used to sleeping with Eva like that."

I shake my head and flip around. "I don't mind." With my permission, he wraps his arm around my waist and I rest my head on his chest, breathing in his cologne. His embrace is nothing like Ashton's. Ashton's arms are more muscular and their scents are significantly different. But I don't care, and it's not long before I fall asleep in Calum's arms.