Chapter 25 -

I hum quietly to myself as I close my locker. It's Friday afternoon, and I'm just about to meet up with Luke for shopping. A gentle tap on my shoulder tells me he's ready.

I turn around with a smile. "Hey Luke," I greet him.

"Hey, Ella." He grins. "Are you ready?" He asks.

I nod quickly, I'm actually very excited. "Let's go!" I cheer and we both laugh. 

The drive to the grocery store was interesting. Luke sang for a while, and he was really good. He finally convinced me to sing along. We rolled the windows down and let the breeze come in. But as he stopped the car in a parking spot we quieted down.

"I'm paying for it," Luke tells me as we enter the store. I scoff and shake my head.

"No," I argue. "I'll pay half, you pay half." He agrees to this, grabs a basket, and we go to the candy aisle. "What do you think the others will want?" I ask him.

He shrugs, tugging on his lip ring. If we were still 'dating,' I would probably kiss him then. But I fight the temptations and look away.

Luke swings the basket by his side and we stroll up and down the aisle. "There's so much to choose from!" I whine, pouting.

"Choose a lot of chocolate, it's like Cal's drug and later we'll get a frozen pizza for Michael," Luke suggests.

"Sounds good," I reply, reaching out and picking up numerous chocolate bars. (A/N I'm American so I don't know Australian brands :( )

"Oh my God, Calum is going to be in heaven," Luke chuckles, looking down at the stacks of chocolate candies.

"Now what?" I ask, and Luke grabs a large bag of suckers and drops them into the basket.

"You can suck on these," he winks and I giggle, shoving his shoulder. 

"You're such a dork," I tell him, covering my mouth to stop anymore giggling from escaping.

His eyes widen and he smiles at me. "We should get some ice cream!" He nearly shouts. 

"Oh, yes. But lets wait until we're almost done so it doesn't melt too much." We look for more candy and Luke picks out any that interest him. The basket is halfway filled by the time we're done with candy.

I can't help but realize how expensive this will be, but I'll just use the emergency cash my mother left me.

"What does Paula and Maggie like?" Luke asks, and I take a moment to think before answering.

"Paula loves Thai food, we could get it in the frozen aisle. And Maggie likes pancakes, but she usually makes them homemade."

"Well," he says. "We can get frozen pancakes, and Maggie doesn't need to know," he smiles down at me. "It can be our little secret."

We make our way to the frozen aisle and Luke and I debate over what ice cream flavors to get. I choose a pint of cookie dough and he gets a strawberry pint. He gets a huge container of chocolate for everyone else.

We grab a box of frozen spicy Thai food for Paula and a bag of frozen pancakes for Maggie.

"Luke."

"Ella."

I look down at the overfilled basket of food and back up at him. "This is a lot."

"Good thing we'll be eating it all," He smirks and leads us to check-out. 

The lady at the counter looks very young, but not too young as I can tell by her pregnant belly. "Hello!" She smiles at Luke and I as we load everything onto the conveyor.