Chapter 12 -

"Ella! Time to get up!" My mother shouted from outside my bedroom door.

I groaned loudly enough for her to hear, and heard the footsteps making their way away from my room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 11:56. I guess I had slept in pretty late.

I stood up and glanced back at my messy unmade bed, longing to crawl back in and snuggle under the covers. I sighed, going to my closet and looking for something to wear. It was Saturday and I didn't have any plans unfortunately.

The kiss from last night still lingered in my mind. His lips tasted like mint and honestly, I would do it all over again.

I slipped a white tank top over my head and tugged on dark blue skinny jeans. I needed something to wear over my tank but I couldn't find any jackets in there.

I noticed a small box sitting in the corner of my room and when I looked in, my father's old black leather jacket was laying on top of some frames and smaller boxes. I picked it up cautiously and pulled it on. It fit nicely.

I put on some socks and my black and white converse and I was ready. I went downstairs and entered the kitchen, catching my mother's attention from where she sat at the table.

"I liked that jacket." She told me, gazing back down at the newspaper she held in her small hands, a cup of hot coffee in the other.

I nodded, looking into the fridge for something to eat. I couldn't find anything.

"I thought you went grocery shopping earlier this week mom?"

"Oh, I guess I forgot to get breakfast items," she shrugged.

"I'm going to town for something then."

"Don't be long." She said to me without looking up.

"I won't." I answered. I would just walk to town because it wasn't that far and besides, I couldn't drive.

-

"Hello! I'm Louis, what can I get for you today?" A man at the counter grinned, waving at me.

That's Harry's boyfriend, I remembered. I smiled back. "I'll have a hot chocolate and a pecan cinnamon roll."

"Hot chocolate on a warm day like this?" Louis asked, tapping something into the register.

"I just get cold easily." I shrugged.

"Your total is 5.42," he told me. I nodded, pulling a ten dollar bill out of the jacket pocket, handing it to him. I received my change and went to sit down at the seat I had chosen last time.

A few moments later Louis appeared next to the table with a tray. He carefully set it down in front of me. "Thank you," I said.

He nodded, returning to the register.

"Mind if we sit here, American?" I heard a familiar voice ask, and before I could answer Calum, Michael, and Ashton pulled up chairs and sat around the small table.

"What if I had said yes?" I raised my eyebrow, smirking at the three boys.

"We would've sat here anyways." Michael grinned.

I didn't say anything back, looking down at my tray as I silently ate my cinnamon roll.

"Why is it that every time I see you, you're eating?" Ashton pointed out. I shrugged, glancing into his eyes and then back down.

Louis came back over and placed three coffee cups in front of the boys, leaving after.

"Are you going to the party next week?" Calum broke the silence.

I nodded. "Yesterday Paula, Maggie and I went shopping for it."

Michael sneered, shaking his head. "Why do girls go shopping all the time for those of events?"

"We like to look nice, nothing wrong with that."

"True." Calum said, staring at me. "What are you wearing?"

"Clothes." I answered, grinning.

"Sassy," Calum rolled his eyes taking a sip of his coffee. I had completely forgotten about my hot chocolate until then, I took a drink. It was really good, most of the time there's powder in it or something like when I used to get it at Starbucks.

Ashton's phone beeped and he looked down at it, smirking. "I'm going to see Taylor, catch you guys later." He said to Calum and Michael, standing up and leaving.

After he left I asked, "Who's Taylor?"

"His F-W-B." Michael answered. I raised my eyebrows, oblivious to whatever that stood for. "Friends with benefits, a fuck buddy I guess."

Oh.

I shook my head. "That's.. something."

"I had better get going," I said taking the last bite of my roll, standing up. "Bye."

"Bye." They waved as I walked away to throw away my trash.

I walked out the door and went home.

-

I laid down on my bed, the house was quiet and empty except for me. My mother had left for something while I had been out.

My phone rang and I picked it up, clicking so I could view the text message. It was from Maggie.

'U kissed Ash???' Oh boy, Michael must have told her.

'Mikey told u?'

'Uh no, u haven't seen the pic??'

'No' What was the picture?

'Look on twitter' was the last message I received.

I opened up the app and scrolled through my feed. Nothing was on it until a picture popped up, posted by Michael. The caption said 'Truth or Dare fun ;)'

The picture was taken when I had starting leaning into Ashton during the kiss, our lips were connected and our eyes were shut.

Well shit.

I opened up the picture to see it fully, biting my lip as I gazed down at my phone. I placed my thumb on the screen and let it linger until a notification came up. I clicked yes on it.

*Photo saved to camera roll*

-