Chapter 23 -

It's five o'clock, and I have one hour to prepare for my date. God, I'm terrified. I don't have any clue what to wear, so I dial up Maggie.

"Hellooooo," she answers, dragging out the 'o.' "What can I do for ya, Ella?"

"Oh my gosh, Maggie! I have an hour before meeting Tyler and I don't know what to wear!" I panic.

"He didn't tell you?" She asks.

"I think he said a movie."

"Ah," she says. "Wear something casual, but nice looking. And maybe straighten your hair, but that's only if you have time. Good luck, and don't forget to call Paula and I afterwards."

"Thank you so much, Mags." I thank her and hang up. I smile to myself as I search through my closet. I decide on a simple white dress and to make it look a little better, I throw on a blue jean jacket over it.

I check the time as I slip on wedges, and it's five thirty-six. I have enough time to straighten my hair.

I sit down on a stool in front of my dresser and look into my mirror. My hair looks decent already, but I want to make it look like I put a lot of effort into this date.

The doorbell rings and I race downstairs as fast as I can in wedges, and swing the front door open to reveal an adorable looking Tyler.

His face is shaven and his hair is swept to the side, he's wearing a t-shirt with a band I don't I don't know, black skinny jeans and his hands are dug into the pockets.

"Wow," he breathes, scanning me up and down. He finally meets my gaze. "You look amazing."

"Thank you." I blush and smile at him. "You look nice too."

"Should we get going?" He asks and I nod. I'm excited to see what movie we are seeing last, the last movie date I had was with Luke and it was a horror movie, something I'm not very fond of.

Tyler drives a small red car and the seats are slightly uncomfortable as I slide into the passenger seat, but I don't say anything.

Tyler gets into the drivers seat and starts up the car, pulling out of the driveway and onto the road.

The car ride is silent until he stops at a red light, I can see the theatre ahead. The light turns green, signaling that we can go on but the black car in front of us doesn't move an inch.

Tyler groans and slams the wheel, causing me to jump in my seat. "For fucks sake!" He yells. "Let's get a move on, god damn it."

I nervously bite my lip and look out the window, trying to distract myself. I hate when people yell, it startles me more than it should.

At last the black car moves and Tyler drives on. He pulls into a parking lot and I get out before he does.

"Ready?" He asks, smiling as he approaches me.

"Yes," I respond, and we begin to walk towards the theatre.

-
Tyler purchases both the popcorn and the drinks, and even when I offer to pay for the food he assures me he can handle it. He doesn't tell me the title of the movie until we're sitting down in the theatre.

He tells me the movie is called Trainwreck, a movie about a woman who goes on a lot of dates but never really goes steady. She meets a doctor and they really hit it off. It sounds great, and I'm excited when the lights in the theatre go off and the movie starts.

( I don't want to put out any spoilers on this movie so I won't say the ending or any of the details the trailer didn't have )
-

"It was good, right?" Tyler asks as we return to his car. He insists that he opens my door and I oblige, standing back and letting him. I sit down in the seat and he shuts the door.

After making his way to the drivers side and sliding in, I answer, "Yeah, it was really good."

"I knew you would like it," he smiles. The rest of the car ride is quiet, and luckily we make it to my house without Tyler yelling at other drivers.

"Can I walk you to the door?" He says, and I nod. We both get out of the car and he takes me hand, leading me to the front door.

"I had a nice night," I tell him.

"Me too." He leans down slightly and when I realize he's going to kiss me I step to the side and allow his lips to peck my cheek.

As he pulls away his usually pale cheeks are a dark red. "I-um, never mind," he murmurs.

"Thank you," I say to him, reaching for the door handle. What happens next surprises me.

His large hand slaps mine away harshly and I tug it to my chest. It has a small stinging pain and my eyes are wide as I look at him.

"What?" He asks, his eyebrows raised. "I was just getting the door for you." He pushes the door open and steps back. "Goodnight," he grins and I force a smile.

"Night," I mutter, stepping inside the warm house and shutting the door behind me.

I hear his car start up moments later and I run upstairs, quickly changing out of the dress and putting on a t shirt and leggings.

I slide into bed and grab my phone. I dial Maggie and Paula's numbers and put the phone up to my ears.

"Hi Ella!" Paula answers and seconds later I hear Maggie's voice. "Hello."

"Hi guys, I just got back from the movies with Tyler." I tell them.

"Oh, tell us all about it!" Maggie squeals.

"Well, he was really nice." I think about telling them of him yelling in the car, and then hitting my hand, but I decide not to. It wasn't that bad and they would make a big deal of it.

"That's all?" Paula asks.

"Well, I guess. We went to see Trainwreck and he kissed me on the cheek at the front door. It was nice."

"It sounds good, I guess we were wrong." Maggie says. Paula agrees.

"I'll see you guys at school tomorrow, I'm tired."

"Alright, see ya." Maggie's says, and Paula tells me goodbye. I hang up the phone and set it on the nightstand. I pull the covers over my body and close my eyes.

-

I hope you guys liked the chapter and thank you for reading! :)