Chapter 19 -

As I run down the crowded hallway I glance around praying that I catch sight of Maggie or Paula. I don't.

I bump into a tall frame and fall back slightly. "I'm sorry, I'm just looking for my friends." I sigh and run my hand through my hair.

"I could help you." I look up at the guy's face and examine. Ruffled red hair, dark green eyes and freckles scattered on his nose.

I nod and smile. "I can handle it, thanks though." I step around him and start walking away before someone taps on my shoulder.

"What?" I spin around and plant my hands on my hips. "What do you need?" It's the red haired boy.

"I was just wondering if I could get your number?" He asks.

"I don't have any paper." I shake my head.

"I have great memory." He smiles.

"Fine, it's -insert number here-, and I'm Ella in case you didn't know." I tell him.

"Alright, and I'm Tyler."

"Nice meeting you Tyler!" I wave goodbye and turn around, sprinting away. I open random doors hoping to find either Maggie or Paula but I don't have any luck.

The music is too loud and I'm thirsty. I can't remember wear I put my drink down though. I probably don't need anymore, I'm a little dizzy anyways. The last thing I need is to pass out in someone else's house.

I go downstairs and look around there. I can't find them. Where the hell did they even go? It's a huge house but I've looked almost everywhere I'm sure.

I let out an exaggerated sigh and stomp out the front door, slipping off my heels. Holding them in my way, I walk down the steps and past all the parked cars.

I guess I'll just walk home.

After what seems like forever I finally reach the familiar house. It's only 10:28 when I look at the timer on the oven. My mother might be asleep.

I go upstairs and head to the bathroom. I grab a wipe from under the sink and scrub all the make-up off.

I throw it away and walk down the hall to my bedroom. I smile in relief as I close the door and press my back against it. I take a moment to think about everything.

I kissed Ashton again. Actually, I made out with Ashton. As much as I liked it, I can't ever do it again.

I do my best to unzip the tight dress and step out of it. For now I just leave it on the floor. I unclip bra and let it fall, and instead put on a comfy t-shirt.

Crawling into bed I pull the warm sheets over my cold body and close my eyes.

As I drift off to sleep, a frown takes over my face as I realize Ashton never ran after me.

-

I wake up to the horrifying sound of my mother singing in the shower. It sounds like a Sam Smith song but I'm not positive.

I yawn and sit up, tossing the covers off and throwing my legs over the side of the bed. I stand up on something squishy. Whatever it is, I leap away as it lets out a startling squeal.

I rub my eyes and look down. It's Paula.

"Paula, what are you doing here?" I ask. She glares at me.

"What about you? You should've stayed at the party with Maggie and I! Or at least came and told us you were leaving!" She argued.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "I searched all over for you guys, but I couldn't find you."

"Oh."

"Yeah," I scoff.

"Well, I think Maggie went home." She stands up. I nod as she continues. "Can I borrow some of your clothes? I can't stay in this?"

"You're staying here?" I ask.

"I want to, for today if that's okay with you."

"Yeah," I answer her. "Let me find something."

Paula and I appear to be the same size, I think. I slip on black leggings while I look in the closet. I throw pink cotton shorts at her and a blue tank top. I stay turned around while she changes.

"All done," she says. I spin around. "So, why did you leave last night?"

I sigh, shaking my head. "Not a big deal. Just got tired."

"Oh, okay. Well can we get some breakfast?"

I nod quickly. "Yes, please. I am starving." After a few minutes of bickering we finally decide to just stay here and cook something.

"How about pancakes? French toast?" She pesters as we reach the kitchen downstairs.

"Pancakes." I nod and scavenge through the cupboards. I pull out an unopened box of pancake mix and smile. Until it's knocked out of my hands.

"What the heck, Paula?" I bend over to pick up the box. I put it back onto the shelf and look at her.

"If we're making pancakes, we are making them homemade." She grins, looking through the shelves.

I sit down at the counter. "Whatever." I pick at the fake granite top with my fingernail and she stirs up a bunch of ingredients. As she pours the mixture in a pan at the stove I say, "You know, with the pancake powder with could have had pancakes 10 minutes ago."

She scoffs and raises an eyebrow. "Well I guarantee mine are more delicious."

After a few more minutes she places a paper plate in front of me, along with a knife and fork and does the same for herself. She carefully puts down a plate stacked with golden brown pancakes.

"They look good," I compliment, taking one and putting it on my plate.

"Do you guys have any toppings?" She asks.

"Probably not." I shove a forkful of pancake into my mouth. They taste outstanding. "They taste great." I smile, taking another bite.

"Thank you," she replies.

We clear the stack not long after and my stomach feels like it's going to explode.

I put all the dishes into the sink and throw away the paper plates.

"I should probably go." Paula says. "I'll go change back into my dress."

I shake my head. "Just keep my clothes, they fit you fine and I have too many as it is."

"Thanks." She smiles before racing up the stairs. She comes back down with a dress in her arms. "I'll see you at school then, yeah?"

"Yeah," I answer her. She gives me a small hug before turning and exiting through the archway. I hear the front door open and close, leaving me alone until my mother wakes up.