Chapter 36 -

As soon as I walk through the front door, my mother runs up to me. "We are going to dinner tonight with Jered!" She squeals at the same time that I hear the roar of Ashton's motercycle engine starting up.

"Yay," I say. "What place?"

"It's this Italian place he never shuts up about." She answers. Wear something that is white and elegant, from what he's told me, it's a very fancy restaurant."

"Alright, well, what time?" I sigh.

"We will be there by seven." As she says that, I check the time on my phone. 5:21.

"I have less than two hours," I groan. I start walking up the stairs. "I'll go get ready," I call out.

In my room, I rummage through my closet for something to wear. I can't seem to find anything, and I almost give up but at the last moment my hands find a silky white dress. I smile to myself as I pull it off the hanger and out of the closet.

I change out of my outfit and slip on the dress. I can zip it up partially, but for now I'll do my hair and make up and later my mother can help zip it up the rest of the way.

I sit down on the small chair that's facing the dresser mirror. I start on my make up and clear up the blemishes I have. I fix up my eyebrows and work on my eyes. I go simple, and do a layer of mascara to finish it off.

When I'm finished I grab a small handbag I have and slip my phone in it, along with twenty dollars in case of an emergency.

I set that back down and begin to work on my hair. I have no idea what to do with it, so I look up a few looks on the Internet.

I come upon a gorgeous waterfall braid, and the first time I try it I fail. But my second attempt looks amazing. I look into the mirror and smile.

I stand up and slide my feet into short wedges. "All done," I mumble, walking to the bedroom door.

I open it and quickly make my way down the hall and down the stairs. "Mom," I say. "What time is it?"

She comes out from the kitchen, looking more beautiful than ever. Her blonde hair is pulled up into a tight bun and her make up looks pretty. She's wearing a white dress that flows down to the knee, with a square neckline and sleeves. "6:43, lets get going," she answers.

Her heels click on the wooden floor as she walks to the front door. She holds it open for me and I walk through. I go and wait for her at the car while she locks the door.

The wind lifts up her hair as she walks to the car, a smile on her face. "I'm so excited!" She squeals, looking through her purse for her keys.

At that moment, I feel really guilty. My mother found someone, someone who won't go to jail, and I'm being rude. I was rude to Jered when I first met him, and I put my mother in an awkward position. As much as I hate going to dinner with my mother and her new boyfriend, I decide I'll suck it up and try to be at my happiest.

The drive to the restaurant is short, and we soon arrive at a small building. The outside is decorated in hanging lights, with tables and fountains. A big flashing light says 'Dinner Delight.'

"It's beautiful," my mother gushes. "Let's go now, he is probably waiting for us." She places her hand on the my back and leads me into the restaurant.

"Ah, are you Ms. Ventue?" A waiter comes up to us, a shiny smile playing on his lips.

"Yes," my mother answers. "And my daughter." She gestures towards me.

"Right this way, Mr. Clyde is waiting," the waiter says, and he starts walking towards the table section.

The same man that I met a few days ago is grinning as my mother and I sit down across from him. The booth we are at has red leather, and is very comfortable.

"Julie," Jered greets my mother. He extends a hand across the table and gently laces his fingers with hers. He brings her hand to his lips and presses a kiss, keeping eye contact with her. He releases her fingers and turns to me. "Ella, nice to meet you." His cheerful voice sounds forced and I'm on my guard as he purses his lips, turning to the waiter.

-

The pictures that are with the chapter are some covers I worked on, and I'm really bad at covers so please forgive me. They're labelled, and if you could give me your opinion on which one you like most that would be great !!