Chapter 9 -

It was Monday. That meant that  I couldn't hide in room away from my mother, but that I needed to go outside my bedroom and get ready. God, this sucked.

I was sure she was going to be pissed but after I got dressed in a casual attire and did my hair, she was completely normal.

I sat down at the table just waiting for her to explode with anger, but she placed down a plate of eggs and toast in front of me. She pulled out the chair across from me and sat down herself.

"Good morning," She chirped. She had a wide smile on her face.

"Hi," I replied, uncertain. 

"I wanted to say that I am sorry for yesterday, obviously I overreacted. You are fifteen, you're growing up, and I need to let that happen. Just don't do anything too... exotic."

I rolled my eyes, throwing my head back and groaning. "Moooom." 

She chuckled, shaking her head. "It's fine, sweetie." She stood up and ruffled my perfectly done hair, walking off to the kitchen to refill her coffee mug. 

I washed off my plate in the sink and fixed my hair in the bathroom mirror downstairs, before heading outside to go to school.

"Hey girls," I greeted Paula and Maggie at their lockers. I had already got all my books and binders for classes, and since I had gotten to school early I had 15 minutes to spare.

"Hey Ella." They said in unison. "Do you wanna go shopping on Friday after school with us?" Maggie asked.

I nodded my head. "Sure, I'll have to make sure my mom knows, though." I grinned and waved goodbye, telling them I had to go to the bathroom. That was a lie.

I wandered around the hallways for a minute or two before I finally saw him. Luke looked great that day, black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with Nirvana on it. What was I saying? Luke always looked great.

I was a little nervous to approach him at his lockers but since he was alone I didn't think he'd mind. "Hi Luke." I leaned against the locker to his right, a grin on my face.

"Hey Ella," he smiled, shutting his locker. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say hey."

"About what happened on Saturday, I'm really sorry about that. I like you, and I hope that didn't mess it up or anything."

"What? No." I smirked, shaking my head. "My mom doesn't care about it anymore. She apologized this morning for overreacting."

"Oh, well in that case.." He leaned forward, kissing my lips quickly. Before he could pull away completely I wrapped my free arm around his neck, pulling him back in.

"Miss Ventue! Mr. Hemmings!" Mr. Figg shouted. We jumped apart.

Luke had a smug grin on his face. He pecked my cheek and left for class.

-

School was boring. I wish I could just fast forward to the part where I had a job, a happy marriage, a home, and I was financially stable. But that was like ten years away, something like that.

I walked home as slowly as possible, but sure enough when I reached it my mother was gone. She left a note on the kitchen counter with 'I'll be back around 10 tonight' scribbled on it. 'P.S. do invite your boyfriend or friends over, no funny business though!" was at the bottom. I couldn't help but giggle quietly at that.

I changed into some leggings because they were so damn comfy, and a purple T-shirt. I texted Luke. 

'Wanna hang out? Mom won't be back until late tonight and she said I was allowed.xxx'

'Ur house? xxxx'

'U know it xxxxx'

He was here pretty quickly, and I ran to get him at the doorbell. "Heya there." I giggled when I saw he was covered all over in glitter.

"Ugh, don't ask," he groaned, taking a step inside. "My little cousin was over and wanted to bathe in that shiny crap."

I laughed. "Mhm, well what do you wanna do?"

"You."

My eyes went wide and if it was possible, my jaw would be on the floor. I smacked his shoulder with my hand. "Luke!"

He raised his arms in surrender. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." He laughed. "You should've seen your face. Let's just watch movies." He shrugged, walking to the couch and laying down.

He flipped on the television ignoring me standing in front of the couch clueless. "Luke?"

"Ella?"

"Where do I sit?"

"On me," he smirked, putting on 50 First Dates.

"Luke, stop it with those dirty jokes," I groaned.

"No seriously, just lay down with me."

I hesitantly made my way closer to him, sitting down on his chest. "This is awkward," I said, looking  down at him.

"Because you're doing it wrong." He carefully wrapped his arms around my waist, tugging my down to lay on him. It was actually comfortable.

I just placed my hands on his chest, not really knowing what to do with them.

We watched the movie and it was so adorable, like how the guy tried over and over again to make sure the lady liked him. And the ending was the best ever. God, I wish I had a love story like that. Well, I don't. I wouldn't want to wake up with amnesia every single day like the girl in the movie.

"What do you wanna watch next?" Luke asked. 

I shrugged, nestling my head further into his neck. "I don't know," I replied. It was only around 5 o'clock and we had another 5 hours we could spend together.

"Wanna watch Family Guy?" I nodded to that. That show was hilarious. 

We spent the next few hours watching that, and most episodes we burst out laughing together. I loved spending time with Luke.

I was 9:00 o'clock and my mother was going to be home in an hour.

"Luke? My mom is going to be home soon."

"Oh."

I moved my head so we were eye to eye. He had the prettiest eyes.

I sat up so my bottom was sitting on his chest, I brushed my long hair behind my ears and leaned down pressing my lips to his. Every time he came over it seemed like we made out at one point, and it was at that point.

His tongue slid inside my mouth I moved my hands to his hair, pulling and tugging. That earned a moan from him.

At least I was doing it right, I guess. I mean I had only made out one other time and that was interrupted by my mother.

One hand on my face, the other moved down my back until it was just above my butt. He didn't move it any lower, thank goodness. He was taking it slow, and I needed that.

I pulled back breathless. My cheeks were flushed and my lips were swollen as I licked them over. "Um, you should probably go." I smiled nervously.

"Oh, yeah." He grinned, pressing his lips to mine. "I had a good time." He stood up, and left.

"Me too," I murmured to myself. I sat on the couch not really sure what to do. Thirty minutes later my mother came home and we talked in the kitchen about how school was and how her day was. 

As I walked up the stairs to go to bed she yelled up after me, "Why are you covered in glitter?"

"No reason!"