Chapter 6 -

"Luke, this movie is so cliche," I said softly, careful not to disturb the other people in the movie theater.

"Shut up, I was trying to be romantic," he chuckled. I giggled, shoving his arm with my elbow.

We were about halfway into this movie called 'Hate at First Sight' and right now this guy was outside this girls window begging for her to come down.

And down she goes.

He shouts about how much he loves her and how he can't live without her. So fucking cliche.

Luke's hand finds it's way to mine and he slowly interlocks his fingers with mine, his thumb gently rubbing circles on my palm. I look down at our hands, and it feels so nice, just being here with him.

Our hands stay like that throughout the entire movie and when it finishes, everyone stands up and exits the area.

Luke takes me back to hi- I mean, Ashton's car, and we get in and drive off. "Where next?"

"My secret place," he looks over at me, smiling.

My eyebrows raise in question but I let it be. We drive for 30 more minutes before we come upon a forest. "Oh god, you haven't brought me here to murder me, have you?" I laugh as I get out.

He comes to my side and starts leading me inside the trees. "Oh, I don't know." He says in a deep voice, chuckling. We have to weave in and out of the trees because they're so crowded.

We finally reach a clearing, and the first thing I see is a waterfall. "Holy shit, Luke." I say in awe.

It was so beautiful, it was one of the best sights I've ever seen. I ran towards the water pond that pooled around the bottom of the waterfall, Luke close behind me.

I sat down at the grass right beside it and dipped my fingers into the clear water. It was chilly.

Luke sat down beside me. "It's nice, isn't it?"

"Nice? It's freaking amazing Luke!" Before I knew it my arms were wrapped around his neck and he was obviously surprised, but laced his arms around my waist.

"Sorry, that was sudden. I didn't mean t-" I started to pull away but he just tugged me back. We stayed like that, my head resting on his shoulder and his arms hung around my waist loosely.

"Ella?" He pulled back, looking down into my eyes. I looked back up to him, and I couldn't help noticing he was biting his lip. That fucking lip ring was so hot.

"Yeah?"

"I really like you, I know it's only been a week but you're so sweet and you're so pretty and I just really like you."

I grinned shyly, biting my lip so hard I was almost positive I would draw blood.

"I really like you too." He leaned in a little closer, I could barely feel his breath on my face.

"Luke?" I whispered.

"Mhm," he murmured, I saw his eyes moving from mine to my lips, and back up.

"I don't normally kiss on the first date, but.." I trailed on, before placing one hand on his cheek and my other on his thigh to steady myself as I leaned upwards. I looked to him for confirmation and slowly pressed my lips to his when he nodded.

It was slow and it didn't last more than 3 seconds but it was perfect in my mind.

I rested my head on his shoulder afterwards, thinking. I had just had my first kiss. Well, my first real kiss anyways. Spin the bottle and truth or dare at 13 years old didn't count in my opinion.

He pulled me in for one more short kiss on the lips. Luke stood up and reached out his hand for me, which I took.

He looked down at his phone, and said, "Well, it's 8:13, should I get you home?"

"I can actually be out until 3 am, but it's okay if you wanted to end it early." I smiled.

"3 am?" He asked, his mouth hanging open and his eyebrow raised. "My mother would never let me stay out that late. My curfew is 12 am," he chuckled.

"Oh," I bit my lip.

"Well, we have about 4 more hours then." He grinned.

-

Luke parked the car in a deserted lot. "Um, sorry. But once again are you going to try and murder me?" I teased, sticking out my tongue.

He shook his head. "I would never kill you."

"That's good to know." I laughed. I squealed when he pulled me onto his lap. "Luke," I giggled.

He shut me up by placing his lips on mine, which was way better than telling someone to actually shut up. I rested my arms around his neck and he looped his long arms around my waist. Our lips moved in sync and good god he tasted heavenly. Well, his lips did. I didn't think I was ready to kiss with tongue yet. I would probably suck at it, anyways.

I pulled away, breathless. I kept one arm around his neck, and placed my other one on my leg. I shifted my body so I was leaning against the driver's door and my feet on the passenger seat. Luke's large hands supported my back so I didn't fall or anything.

"Hey Luke?" I asked, to which he replied with a 'Mhm.'

"What happened to your grandfather?" I bit my lip nervously. I wasn't sure if I was pushing it or anything, but when he looked down at me with a kind smile I knew I hadn't.

"He died. I guess it was of old age," he shrugged. "My grandma found him in the bed gone one day."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah."

We sat in silence for a few more minutes before he spoke up. "What about yours?"

"Ah, my mother was raised in an orphanage so I don't have any that I know of on her side, and my father's parents died before I was born."

"I'm sorry." He said. I nodded. "What about your parents? Do they have a magical love story?" he grinned, to which I sighed quietly.

"Kinda. They met at a skating rink when my dad fell and my mother helped him up. They got married like 4 years later. And then some stuff happened and he isn't here anymore."

"You don't have to answer if it's too personal, but is he dead?" I shook my head.

"No, he isn't. He just, isn't here. We moved here without him."

"Is he coming?"

"No, he isn't." I felt my eyes brim with tears but thankfully none fell, and Luke didn't notice which was good.

We sat like that for another hour just talking about the most random things before we both agreed I should probably get home soon. Luke said, and I quote, "I want to make a good impression. Ya know, so when I meet them they'll like me."

Which means.. more dates? I screamed. Well, on the inside. If I literally screamed in front of him I'd most likely scare him away.

-

I got out of the dress and the wedges, wiped off all my make-up, turned off the light, and crawled into bed. It felt great after a long day, to just lay down and get to sleep.

But I didn't. My mind was racing. I thought about the kisses I shared with Luke, I thought about my dad.

My mind must of tired itself out because after a while I finally dozed off into a deep slumber.

( Guuuys i think this is the first author's note?? but I just wanted to say i just made up the part about luke's grandfather so yeah.)