Chapter 7 -

"And, we kissed." I finished explaining. Paula and I were over at Maggie's house, and we were hanging out in her room when they started bombarding me with questions.

"Oh my goodness!" Maggie squealed. "Paula, get a boyfriend. Then we can go on triple dates."

"Ew no, I'd never do that." I argued.

"And I'll never get a boyfriend." Paula laughed.

I frowned. Paula was so pretty. Why was she always putting herself down? She had long curly brown locks and bright blue eyes. She had a rockin' booty too, and she doesn't realize boys are crushing on her behind her back.

I shook my head. "Whatever. You're wrong." I nudged her shoulder with my elbow.

"Ouch! I have sensitive shoulders, ya know." Maggie and I burst out laughing. "Ugh, you guys are so annoying."

"But you loooove us," Maggie cooed. "Hey guys! I've been invited to a party at Chase's house, you wanna come?"

"When is it?" I asked. I never cared for partying, but they're my friends and I would go to one for them.

"It's actually like two weeks away, but Chase wants to know who is all coming."

I nodded. "Yeah, I can probably go." Paula agreed.

"Great!" Maggie clapped her hands. "I'll let Chase know."

-

"Mama Mia! I'm home," I called out, chucking quietly at my nickname for my mother. She absolutely hated it, but I adored it. I thought it was hilarious.

She came rushing down the stars. "Hey sweetie! I'm going to go grocery shopping, you can help yourself to dinner, alright? Give me a call if you need anything." And with that, she left out the front door with her purse and keys.

I bit my lip, furrowing my eyebrows. God, I wish she would stick around more. For some reason she was always out this past week.

I shrugged my shoulders and made my way to the living room, pushing the topic of my mother to the back of my head.

I plopped down on the black leather chair in the corner of the small room and flipped on the tv. Nothing good was on, just a ton of talk shows, news, and children's shows.

I put on Maury, this show about a dude who takes care of relationship problems and stuff like that. Currently, this woman was pregnant with another man's child, even though she has a boyfriend.

"Unfaithful!" I screamed at the tv. It was just so annoying, it seems these days no one gives a damn about relationships anymore. I mean, when you cheat on someone you ruin their trust, they can become insecure, and chances are they have problems in future relationships as well.

My stomach rumbled and I bit my lip, contemplating whether or not to go find food in the kitchen. I decided that I would.

I hopped up from the small chair and walked into the kitchen, where I shuffled through all the drawers and cupboards, and ended up empty-handed. Good thing mother was going shopping.

I texted her. 'I'm going out to get food, none at home. i'll only be out like 30 mins xxx' To which she replied with one letter. K.

Ugh, I hated that letter in texting. It shows that you aren't even attempting to try and talk to the person on the other end. C'mon, show more effort in the conversation.

I couldn't drive, so I had to walk. I knew my way to town and it wasn't far actually, so 10 minutes later I was standing at a crosswalk. I crossed the street when the sign said I could, and looked around at my surroundings.

I noticed some kind of cafe at the end of the street and so I headed that way. Finally I walked in, and the cool air was so refreshing since it was warm outside. Well, I was wearing grey sweatpants and a black tank-top, no wonder I thought it was so hot.

I walked up to the cash register and waved to get a young man's attention. He looked like he was in his early 20's.

"Hi! I'm Harry! What can I get for you?" He smiled at me.

"Um, I'll hav-"

"Harry!" Another man walked up to him.

"Yeah, Lou?" Harry grinned even brighter at the guy.

"Don't forget our cuddle fest tonight," the guy winked and turned around, walking back into the kitchen. He must be an employee here as well.

"Sorry, that's my boyfriend." Harry chuckled. "What did you say you wanted?"

"You guys are cute," I smiled. "I'll have a donut with chocolate frosting and a medium water."

"Right away, you can go get a table."

I found a table small enough for two people at the back of the cafe and took a seat there. I waited about 5 minutes before Harry came over with a tray. He placed it down carefully before smiling and returning to the register. He was nice.

I bit into my donut and nearly moaned out loud. It was so delicious. I took a sip of my water, and it was ice cold just how I liked it.

I was looking out a window at all the passing people when Calum plopped down at the seat across from me and grinned. "Hey American." I rolled my eyes at his stupid nickname.

"Hey Calum."

"What brings you here?"

"I was hungry."

"I was here with my buds," he nodded towards another table. Michael and Ashton were sitting there.

"Luke isn't here?" I raised my eyebrows. I thought Luke hung out with those three most of the time.

"I think he was at the library, something like that." Calum shrugged.

"I see."

"I had best get back to my friends. It was nice seeing you, American." He smirked, walking back to his table and sitting down.

"Mhm," I murmured to myself. I finished up my donut and drank most of my water, and then I tossed the garbage into the trashcan and made my way back home.