Chapter 31 -

The sunlight hits my face and my eyes flutter open, I glance at my surroundings. I'm in Ashton's trailer, and he's right next to in his bed. Memories of last night come flooding in and I sit up quickly, leaning away from Ashton's body.

Holy shit.

I still don't regret what happened, but I'm surprised at how far it went. I scramble to get off the bed and hurry to get dressed. I look around for something to wake Ashton up with, and the first thing I see is a white sock lying on the floor. I pick it up, and with all of my strength I am aim for Ashton's face, but instead it hits his shoulder.

"What the hell?" He says, his eyes fluttering open. He spots me. "Oh, hi, Ella," he mumbles, sitting up. His morning voice is raspy and I love it.

I pick up his clothes from the floor and toss it at him, saying, "change under the covers." He grunts and nods in response.

While he struggles to get his skinny jeans on under the blanket, I ask, "how are we getting to school, Ash?" And then my eyes widen when I see the clock on his microwave. "Hell, Ashton! It's ten, we're going to be late!"

He shrugs, slipping his t-shirt on over his head. He runs a hand through his hair, and stands up. "Oh well, I'm late all the time."

"Yeah, but I'm not." I sigh, frowning.

"It'll be fine," he assures me. "We can just take my motercycle."

So we do just that, and arrive at school around 10:15. "I'll see you at lunch?" Ashton asks as we enter the school.

"Yeah," I answer, smiling.

He smiles back. "You should sit with me." I nod.

"See you later, Ash," I tell him, and leave to my class. I can't seem to stop smiling, but who can blame me?

- Ashton's POV

A grin is plastered on my face as I walk through the hallways. I like Ella a lot, actually, and I'm so glad I got to tell her that last night.

Speaking of last night, it was amazing.

I bump into Luke, and he raises an eyebrow at my happiness. "What are you smiling about, Ash?" He asks.

"Nothing," I smile, blushing.

"Tell me," he insists, so I tell him. I leave out the big details, but tell him a summary of what happened last night.

His face turns red and he clenches his fist, I can tell he's pissed so on instinct I back away.

"What the fuck, Ashton?" He growls. "You are not fucking around with Ella, she's one of my best friends and I won't stand by and let you hurt her."

I scowl at him. "Fuck you, Luke. Maybe I actually like her, alright?"

"Like hell you do," he argues. "You just want to get into her pants, so back the hell off."

"No!" I shout. "I won't, Ash. Not only would it hurt me, I'm pretty sure it would upset her, too."

"I don't care how you do it, but you leave her alone," he demands.

I roll my eyes. "And if I don't?"

"I will hurt you, Ash, because all you're going to cause for Ella is trouble." He says. "Do what's good for her, and leave her alone."

I look down at my feet, and back up at Luke. I sigh and nod slowly. "Fine, fine. I'll do it."

I want to cry, honestly. I want to kick something, punch, slap, anything. I feel angry, because I finally like this girl, this amazing girl, and I realize I'm not good for her. Luke's right, I'm trouble. I live in a trailer, damn it. I want to go to college, but I'm not sure if I'm what she needs. I'll be finishing my third year in college by the time Ella graduates.

I try to ignore this feeling, and head to class.

- Ella's POV

Classes are short, but I talk with Tyler a bit and we discuss politics. I tell the Paula and Maggie that I hung out with Ashton last night, and that's why I was late. I don't tell her anything else, though. They are my best friends, but my sex life isn't any of their business.

I walk with the girls to lunch, grab my tray in the lunch line, and tell them I'm going to sit with Ashton. I was surprised when he invited me to eat with him, but I'm happy about it.

Luke notices me walking to their table and glances quickly at Ashton, who is stabbing his jello with a fork.

I sit down beside and smile. "Hi, Ash," I say, but he doesn't look up. "Ashton?" I ask. Luke looks down at his tray as Ashton looks up at me, an angry expression on his face.

"What, Ella?" He huffs. "Can you just leave me alone, seriously? Stop pestering me, you're so annoying."

I choke on my words, unable to comprehend what he just said. "I-I thought, l-last night," I stutter.

"Last night meant nothing," he spits. Michael and Calum have noticed what's going on, and they both stare at us, concerned looks in their eyes. Luke's eyes are glued to his tray.

Tears are pooling in my eyes and I beg for them not to spill over, but of course they do, and tears stream down my face.

"Leave, Ella. Or I'll tell everyone about your father," he threatens.

"You wouldn't," I say, shaking my head.

"Oh, but I would." He nods.

I let out a sob and push my chair away from my table, standing up. I leave my tray, but run away to the girls bathroom.

I lock myself in a stall and wipe away the tears on my face, but they just keep falling.

I hope that Paula and Maggie saw what happened and would come to help me, but no one comes, even Luke. I even wished Ashton would stroll him, smiling with his dimples, and tell me it was just a joke and that he does like me, but of course, that didn't happen.

-

Thank you guys for 2k reads! :)

That chapter was so sad :( but I hope you liked it, and thank you for reading !!