Chapter 35 -

It's Friday afternoon, and the past week has been okay. Ashton and I would smile at each other in the hallways, and I sat by him at lunch a few times.

I'm finally home, though. I'm tired and happy that I have the next two days off. I plop my backpack on the couch and lay down.

My mother has been stressed out, because on the night we were supposed to have dinner with her boyfriend, he cancelled at the last minute. So lately she's been trying to set up a dinner.

I remember discussing plans a while back with Ashton about this weekend, but I'm not sure if he still wants to hang out. So I call him.

It rings three times and then he picks up. "Hello?" He grumbles. His voice is raspy and deep, I have a feeling I may have woken him up from a nap or something.

"Hi," I mumble. "It's Ella."

"What?" He asks sternly. I'm surprised by his tone.

"I was wondering if we were hanging out," I say, but I answer it as more like a question.

"Yeah, I guess. Just come over." He replies more softly his time, and I'm thankful for his change of tone.

"Alright," I say.

"Mhm, goodbye, Ella," he says, and then he hangs up.

-

Fifteen minutes later I'm outside Ashton's trailer, sweaty from running. I knock three times and Ashton swings it open right away.

He opens it wide and enough and I step through the doorway. I smile at him. "Hi," I greet him.

"Hey, Ella." The corner of his mouth lifts up and he closes the screen door.

I walk down the trailer and sit down on his bed, I'm soon joined as he sits down beside me. "The trailer is pretty boring. Do you want to go somewhere?" He asks.

I nod. "Sure, that'd be cool. Where?"

"We could go to the park," he suggests.

"Alright," I say. "I'll be outside while you, um, change." I giggle quietly, checking out his attire. He's without a shirt, and he has pajama pants, covered in penguins, riding low on his hips.

I head out through the front door and wait patiently near his motercycle.

When he finally arrives, he's holding two white helmets. He's changed, too. With black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket over it, he looks great. His converse thump on the gravel as he walks to me.

"Ready?" He asks, fitting my helmet on my head. He does his next.

"Yup," I answer, and after he gets on I slide on behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist and he starts to engine.

During our drive, I remember how when I first rode on the motorcycle with him, I was nervous as hell. But now, I don't even think twice about it before getting on.

We arrive at the park shortly and we get off. "What first?" He takes off his helmet and hangs it on one of the handles. He takes mine off and hangs it on the other.

"We should go on the swings," I say, and he silently nods. We walk together to the swingset and I sit down. He takes a swing beside me.

"I can get higher than you," he challenges me.

"Ha-ha, you can try." I start swinging my legs back and forth, he does the same.

I beat him easily at his game, and when he starts getting higher the swingset begins rocking back and forth.

"Maybe we should get off." I feel nervous as the swingset seems to bounce as Ashton gets higher and higher.

"Yeah, I guess," he says, slowing down. We both come to a halt and we get off. "What next?"

"I don't know." I shrug and glance around at our surroundings.

"What about the slide?" He points to a tall slide, that ends high up.

"No way. When we slide off, we'll just fly off." I point out.

"I'll catch you," he tells me, taking my hand and leading me over. I climb up the jungle gym and he waits down at the bottom of the slide. I slowly sit down on the slide.

"I'm not sure about this," I shout.

"Don't worry."

I close my eyes and let go off the sides. It's a deep drop, and my legs curl up as I reach the end of the slide.

Ashton lives up to his word, and his arms wrap around my lower waist as he catches me.  My hands are clutching at the back of his jacket, my legs are laced around his waist.

"Are you gonna catch me now?" He raises an eyebrow, and I smile.

"I'll try," I laugh, moving away from him. It's funny watching him crouch through the jungle gym. When he reaches the slide, he doesn't hesitate to start going.

He reaches the end and it almost looks like he's flying. He actually is flying, he's up in mid-air. I know that whatever comes up, has to come down, though. And he's headed straight towards me.

I nearly scream, and I do when he lands on me. We're both on the ground and he's on top of me.

"Get off," I groan. He slides off and stands up. He extends a hand down to me, and I grab it and stand up.

"I'm sorry." He chuckles and starts wiping the sand off of my back.

"Let's head back," I suggest, and he nods.

"Agreed."

-

The inside of the trailer is a nice change from the outside. It's cool and chilly, and I let out a sigh.

"I'm so sore," I mumble, straightening my back.

Ashton frowns for a moment, and then he grins wickedly. "Maybe I can help you with that." He takes my hand and leads me to the bed.

-

I'm really sorry it's so short but I'm moving and I've been packing and moving stuff all weekend and I'm really sorry. :(

But we move out completely on Wednesday so on Saturday I can update longer chapters.

I hope you liked the chapter, and thank you for reading! :)