Cursed to Love Her (Sister Jude)

Plot bunny with poor details. Please don't make any requests for a continuation. I accept detailed, original requests. I don't read the Bible like I should so I used Google and, like most, took the scripture out of context.

The building was cold. In the walls and in the stone. Briarcliff yielded no hope. You would live here until you died. But there was a shining beacon. Sister Jude. She ran the place. Many called her a stone-hearted sadist. She enjoyed inflicting pain, but she more enjoyed when the recipient enjoyed the receiving. Of course, taking the vows, she gave up acting on such carnal urges. But the Devil had been whispering in her ear, and she had long since come to appreciate you. Her rare bird. 

Sister Jude ran the hospital like a tight ship. She allowed little to slip through her fingers, leaving you to wonder if the brutality was intentional on her part. Of course, she didn't see it from your perspective. You took your pills, abided the treatments, and still you had voices telling you random things. Most didn't make sense, but it had started to. You took your pills, abided the treatments, and you were still awoken from your sleep regularly for the bed searches. The orderlies were still mean, perhaps it was called professional, but you wanted more from life.

But life did not want you. The cold from the walls seeped into you and you were forced up on the bed, strapped down, weighted down with a thousand blankets. You fought and screamed the whole time, begging that you'd behaved, hadn't broken any rules. Dr. Arden and his damn thermometer claimed you had a fever. A bad one from the shivers elicited from your bones and tense muscles. Now, you did not take your medicines. Now, you tried to kick and bite. It was like when you were a new patient again. You flung yourself back and forth in the bed, four restraints be damned, and you felt no pain, in the chaos in your mind. This was why you stayed. You could explode. But you were like a feral animal and Dr. Arden had no idea how to treat you. 

Then the bane of his existence showed up and of course you calmed at the mere mention of your name. "What seems to be the problem, Mr. Arden?" Sister Jude asked, quite disrespectfully. 

"Your favorite Ward seems to have contracted an illness due to poor conditions of her living space," the man irritably responded. He was interested in the complications of the mind, the ones that couldn't be cured, only managed. You were a prime candidate, though he'd found no physical difference in the brains he'd collected. He was no therapist, but he wanted to test you with a veritable plethora of treatment routes. He wanted to know if he could cure the mind. Not with words, with compassion and homework, but cold, hard science. 

But Sister Jude's eyes flashed with worry, seeking your subtly writhing blankets. You weren't comfortable and you didn't want to stay, but they couldn't trust you to without the restraints. She held a hand out to calm you, ignoring the good doctor immediately. "Stop that immediately," she ordered forcefully. Her stone heart cracked in her chest as your eyes filled with tears. But you stilled, but you turned away from her still. She sighed. "Leave us. Now!" she added when she was not immediately obeyed. 

Dr. Arden followed his men from the room. He knew he would never get his hands on you. 

Her cold hand met your colder forehead. The woman always chilled to the bone shivered in reaction. "Darling," she cooed, tucking you in through the miles of piles of comforters. You had no idea the hospital had so many or you would've asked Sister Jude to give them out accordingly. "You have to rest." She stepped away from you again, taking the massive bowl of soup filled with medicines and herbs and nutritiousness from the only table in the room, out of your limited reach. She also had a large tube the hospital used to force-feed the patients when necessary. She stuck one end in the bowl and the other in your mouth, nodding expectantly. She so adored how obedient you were for her. She dragged her fingers across your sinking face. You hadn't been not eating for long, but she suspected it didn't take long for your poor conditions to catch up. "Why didn't you ask for another warm blanket?" she asked hopefully. Did you know she'd give you anything?