Chapter 4

The next day, Huo Shu got up early as usual and opened half the window, letting in the wet smell of osmanthus.

He glanced out the window. The fog was thick, and he couldn't see clearly everything in the yard.

The weather was already a bit chilly at this time, but as I was used to the huge difference in temperature between morning and evening in the Northern Territory, this bit of coolness was nothing.

After a simple breakfast, Huo Shu led his horse out. There was already a hitched donkey cart parked at the door.

A round figure grabbed the handle of the donkey cart, trying to climb into the donkey cart with its short legs. It took several laborious climbs, and it was finally possible to get in even though the person was feeling hot.

I didn't even bother to put up a small cushion for myself.

The person was wrapped in a thicker layer than when I saw him last night, and he looked a little bigger.

It's really unique in autumn.

Huo Shu didn't laugh easily, but he couldn't help but tilt his head and touch the tip of his tall, cold nose.

"Huo Yishi, let's go."

Huang Yinsheng, who was in front, finished checking the reins and turned to say something to Huo Shu.

Huo Shu put down his hand and nodded slightly, then got on his horse.

The gentle morning breeze in autumn made the car curtains rustle and fly open from time to time.

The Huang family's donkey cart is quite old and has been repaired, but it never works as well as it did when it was first built.

Ji Taoyu, who was sitting in the donkey cart, was still a little hot, but after being blown by the wind twice, she became cold again. She stretched out her hand to hold down the curtain to prevent the wind from blowing in again.

He leaned close to the car window, but he saw a round and strong horse's butt outside the half-open window, and his long pony tail was swinging in a leisurely arc while walking.

Ji Taoyu was startled for a moment. He rarely saw horses. Even if there were animals in rural villages to assist in farming, they were mostly cattle, donkeys and mules. Pure horses were only owned by the nobles in the city.

He was in poor health, and when he went to the city, he mostly stayed in the medical clinic to help Azu collect herbs. Even when he saw the horse, he would look at it from a distance. He rarely had the opportunity to have such close contact.

This black horse was strong and handsome, and it was really beautiful. He felt that the horse so close to him was alive and had a kind of heat, which made his heart beat a little faster.

"Want to ride a horse?"

When Ji Taoyu heard the sound, he suddenly raised his eyes. His savior was standing on the horse with his back straight, and he looked over at some point with those scary three-white eyes.

Taoyu shrank her neck and quickly shook her head.

He didn't even dare to ride the donkeys and oxen at home. When he was a child, his father held him on the back of an ox and made him cry. His mother scolded him so much that he didn't dare to ride such a strong-looking horse.

Huo Shu saw that the little brother's cheeks hidden in the cloak had roughly returned to normal skin color, but the complexion was not very good, a bit like pear petals that had been soaked in rain and faded a little and were translucent.

A pair of eyes that were ignorant of the world looked at him and kept shaking his head, his triangular cloak covering him moving like a rice dumpling.

He didn't speak, and turned back to continue walking the horse slowly. However, the reins hanging loosely in his hands tightened, and the black horse's pace became even slower.