Chapter 26

"Xiao Liu, are the things being said outside true or... hey."

"We are not here to question you. As a family member, when something happens, your family must know first."

In the dark, several members of the Ji family came to Ji Yangzong's end.

Ji Yangzong is the youngest of the boys in the Ji family, the sixth in the family, with several older brothers and sisters in front of him, and younger siblings below him.

This time several brothers came to the house and asked about Taoyu.

It's no wonder he's anxious. For children from the same lineage, one cousin's reputation will be ruined, and the others will be affected to some extent.

Although it is not as bad as in the early years when even sitting down would ruin your reputation and make it difficult to marry, today's discerning families will still look at the reputation of children from the same clan.

There are many brothers above Ji Yangzong who have brothers and girls in their families, and now there are two or three who are just at the right age to be married. How can things not be urgent at this time?

"It's nothing at all!"

Ji Yangzong cursed angrily. When he came back from a busy day, he saw Taoyu running home in a hurry and found out that the Zhou family father and son had come to the village. He immediately called Daniu to inquire.

He was also the elder brother who came to the house and only had a stick of incense to realize that such unbearable words had been spread outside.

"What's going on? I didn't approve of you going to You's house to cancel the engagement without saying anything at all. If you cancel a good marriage, people outside will have to say it."

"Look, it sounds so ugly now!"

Before Ji Yangzong could figure out what was going on, several brothers came over one after another and asked questions, which made him even more angry.

"My eldest brother doesn't agree. Is it because he's afraid of losing the engagement or because of his reputation? I don't know!"

"Hey, we are all from the same family, and you are talking like this. Xiaoliu, why are you talking to eldest brother like this?"

"Look at Xiao Liu, I asked him what was going on, and he actually scolded me in an upright manner!"

You talk to me, and it's about to start a quarrel. Huang Manjing saw that her words were getting worse and worse, and she quickly sent Taoyu into the house.

"Aunt..."

Taoyu pulled Huang Manjing's clothes: "What's going on?"

"Don't be anxious. Just stay in the house and stay quiet. Don't come out unless mother asks you to. Your uncles are also worried about your cousins and came over to try to figure things out. They don't mean to blame."

Huang Manjing said comfortingly: "Everyone is impatient. Brothers speak bluntly. It is inevitable that there will be no seriousness. You should avoid it."

Taoyu responded: "I know."

Huang Manjing patted Taoyu's hand reassuringly before going out again.

It gets dark very early in early winter, and the night has darkened inadvertently, and the bedroom has become particularly gray.

Taoyu was very confused and sat absentmindedly in front of the dressing table.

After finally getting over the breakup of her engagement with You Lingxiao, I didn't expect that only a few days had passed before such unbearable words came out again.